Extra poles?

Discussion in 'Mystery Parts' started by Warren Linke, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Warren Linke

Warren Linke New Member

I have my four support rods for my 2000 Dutchmen 747 popup. Two for the front bed and two for the rear. However I have an extra set of poles that have a bracket on them and another pole coming off that. No clue what they're for and never asked the previous owner and I never realized I had them. Any clue or pics?

2. Dingit

Dingit Well-Known Member

Might be from an awning or canopy. I discovered a set of poles in my old Apache and that popup didn't even use poles. Had to have been from an awning...

3. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Pictures would help..

WrkrBee and Raycfe like this.
  4. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Just throwing this out there some popups use four poles in the front. Could you have other slits/holes on the tongue or camper that the pole may slide in? The only other thing I can think of is it’s used for the awning.

kcsa75 likes this.
  5. Jkoht

Jkoht Member

If you have a king bed it uses 4 support poles. Also if it's a long bed you're not supposed to pull it out without the hinged support pole in place otherwise it's own weight could bend the track. The hinged support poles have two pins that go into holes on the edge of the pop up box, and then down into the grooves on the tongue, and the other poles go further out in the grooves on the tongue.

Grandpa Don likes this.
  6. Grandpa Don

Grandpa Don Well-Known Member

I agree. My Viking Epic 1906 has four poles to support the front bunk. There is a sticker on the front of each bunk that says how much weight they will hold. The rear bunk with only two poles says the maximum weight is 900 lbs. But the front bunk with four poles says it can hold up to 1,200 lbs. But there is no way in heck I'm going to anywhere near that weight on either one. I get nervous with just me sleeping up there.

7. Warren Linke

Warren Linke New Member

Any chance you have a picture of this? I can't find any place for the pins, but the frame and tongue seem to have 3 oval slots each side. There's only one sets of brackets under the bed to slide in poles.

8. Jkoht

Jkoht Member

My king bed on my dutchmen is on the tongue side of the trailer. The grooves out by the jack are for the outer support poles. The grooves that are further in on the A-frame tongue, and on each side, are for the hinged support poles. You have to raise the roof to see the hole along the edge of the trailer box to see where to put the peg on the hinged poles.

Attached Files:

Warren Linke likes this.
  9. Warren Linke

Warren Linke New Member

OMG, thank you so much! I swear I didn't notice them before or how that would work. Got it figured out. Bed is sooo much more stable now!

Jkoht likes this.