Extra Water Line to pump?

Discussion in 'Mystery Parts' started by Jhunt012, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Jhunt012

Jhunt012 Member

I have a 2006 Fleetwood Cheyenne. When crawling around underneath to remove the drain plug on my water storage tank I noticed a clear hose with a shut off valve and a male ribbed brass fitting. It is under the camper and the other end goes to my electric water pump. Basically two hoses go to my pump - one from the water storage tank and another that Seems to be set up to pump from somewhere else. Any ideas what this is for? Thanks!!

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Low point drain..

3. speckhunter80

speckhunter80 Well-Known Member

Possibly for sucking up antifreeze out of a bottle

4. Jhunt012

Jhunt012 Member

To drain water out of pump?

5. Customer

Customer Well-Known Member

Probably a winterizing kit to pump antifreeze.

6. mv520

mv520 Member

And the faucet (by opening the faucet valves inside the PUP to let air into the line there)

To make sure we're talking about the same thing, on my 06 Cheyenne, from the factory it has a line that goes from the output of the pump, back down under the floor, heads forward, and then right below the sink it has a T. One leg goes up through the floor to the faucet, and the other leg goes to a short 2" stub of a hose and a small bras valve. So opening the valve is a "low point" drain, but I personally wouldn't count on it by itself to get water out of the nooks and crannies of both the faucet and the pump itself for winterizing purposes. Apparently Fleetwood did since they went to the effort to install it, but it seems marginal to me.

7. Nandy

Nandy Active Member

Pictures will help us help you.

8. Customer

Customer Well-Known Member

The OP appears to indicate that there are two lines on the supply side of the pump, so it would not be a drain.

9. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Have to agree it sounds like a winterizing kit has been installed to allow the pumping of antifreeze ... Could also have been used for an aux. water tank as well ..

10. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Sounds like the hose on ours meant to draw antifreeze directly from the bottle. works great. (The TT is the first camper we've had with a water system, so we had to learn how to winterize. We use the blow-out/antifreeze combination, and use less than a gallon of antifreeze.)

The low point drains on ours are just that, at the low point, which is not where our water pump is.