Extremely sad day for me

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by keven, Aug 25, 2014.

1. keven

keven New Member

Well after 17 years I sold our Jayco 10 ud.. It was kind of hard for me to let it go since it was the first thing I ever bought on my own and my first payment ever. For the last 8 years the wife, kids and I have used it like crazy and made many good memories together.

The guy who bought it was tickled to death to buy it from the original owner who garaged kept it since day one and even still smelled new. I was happy because he was going yo keep it garaged kept and take the same prided in it that I did.

2. swordfish

swordfish Well-Known Member

Man, your subject gave me a shock. I thought your dog died.

3. PNW Family

PNW Family New Member

It's not that far off... :p

Raising a cold one to you there, buddy. I didn't have my first PUP as long as you had yours, but I was still sad to see it go today. I know how you feel.

4. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

Me too. It was sad to see the Yuma go down the street behind another person's car.

5. bburgcamper

bburgcamper 16 weekends a year camping just isn't enough.

We lost our Jayco 10x to a hailstorm after5 years of adventure. It seemed weird getting emotional over a camper when the insurance company took it away. We are into year 2 of adventures with the replacement camper.

6. West Coast Canuck

West Coast Canuck Jumped to the dark side ......

I know how you feel,, it was a sad but exciting day driving away from the dealership and seeing our pup set up for the last time by me being towed away by a forklift. We had fun times with her and lots of fond memories. It was from owning her that I found this forum and gleaned lots of information and offering it as well. We havde been on the darkside now for over 2 years having fun with the TT...soon our grandchildren will be accompanying us camping, they are 2 and 1.

7. dneilson2

dneilson2 New Member

We're new to pup camping so I now know what it will feel like when it's our turn to sell itÂ…..( someday).

What are you replacing it with? Anything?

dolores

8. pcgeekess

pcgeekess New Member

I hope this makes you feel better. I just sold my first popup to a nice family yesterday. I only had it 3 years and bought it used. Lots of great memories though in that short time with my 2 boys. Time for an upgrade before kids get too old and don't want to camp with mom anymore.
    Here is why I am happy the camper drove away hooked to a bigger tv than mine. At the dealership where I bought the new one there were 5 old pop ups behind the building. Two of them much newer than mine. Their parts hanging on the peg boards while the boxes just sitting there to be taken by the elements. They simply don't sell the used ones and did offer to use my as trade in for parts only. I choose to sell it on my own taking a risk that it may or may not be out of my driveway in time. It sold on CL in 3 hours. I sold it at a deal because it was a fine popup for a starter. I couldn't be happier that the Starcraft will have many more campgrounds to see and a 9 year old who was as excited as my kids were when we got it.
    I don't know if you are also upgrading to another but your first pup, if it had a soul, would be thanking you for letting keep camping and not rotting.

9. pckeen

pckeen New Member

There's only one cure for sadcamperitis......a NEW (2U at least) PuP, or Hybrid, or TT.....

10. keven

keven New Member

We actually upgraded to a Rockwood Roo 23ss about 2 years ago. Didn't sell the pup till now since I was really attached to it kind of like a child. Then we thought the friends that camp with us could use it as long as they pull it and clean it.

11. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

Awesome! It's great to camp with friends and, you get to keep the pup too! Welcome to the portal!

12. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

There is no need for sadness when transferring it to another camper. It lives on.

13. West Coast Canuck

West Coast Canuck Jumped to the dark side ......

I am glad yours went to a good home, it would appear my old loved pup did not fare as well. Even though I was the second owner, I kinda wished I had sold it privately rather that trading it in....I kept it in excellent condition. Just saw it on craigslist today....and man was I sad...it appeared it was stored outside and some parts were missing. Although it was clean inside, couldn't say the same for the outside...it has aged quickly and it has only been a little over 2 yrs.