Ez-up style or Tent Pole Style Canopy

KJcachers

Super Active Member
Nov 30, 2010
NEVER EVER HAD A RAIN POOLING ISSUE WITH THE FIRST UP FROM WALMART. CANOPY, WIND WALLS AND SCREEN WALLS FOR AROUND $150

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

silvermickey2002

Morris County, NJ
Sep 11, 2008
Morris County, NJ
I purchased one from WalMart for the Scout Troop and also the side walls for it. The thing works great!

We currently have the Quest canopy we purchased from Dicks's Sporting Goods. Our old EZ-up bit the dust when the frame broke (hey it got a lot of use in 6-7 years). The Quest we have used in all weather and have never had a problem with rain, snow, sleet or wind. We do stake it down though in the event of some wind gusts.

We also have the screens for it as well as one wall for those rainy days.

regis101

Feb 21, 2011
I think an important feature is to make sure the canopy has a vent at the top. Our Quick Shade is generous in that department.

brit

Loving-Life
Mar 14, 2011
KJcachers said:
1 more note on the First Up. They are intended to be used with the legs going straight up. so 10x10 means 10x10. Some of the EZ ups have the legs slanted towards the top. so they may be 10x10 at the base of the legs but will be smaller under the canopy. Also, if the legs are slanted and the round type they have a tendency to collapse inward and fail under high winds. (ask me how I know) [LOL]

Lastly, The windwalls and screenwalls of the First Up also help keep the legs up and hold everything in place. We used ours with the wind wall a few weeks ago on our first outing and it worked great in a pretty bad storm.

009.jpg
perfect height add on there.

FC

Central Florida
Apr 2, 2007
Apopka, Fl
I just bought a EZ up Jamboree 10 x 10 straight leg. It has the 100 sq ft of shade. I got it at Sears for $79.00. So far I love it. Its not on there web site so I think its made just for Sears and Kmart.

Ramblin Richie

May 27, 2010
I have 2 EZup 10x10 canopies, I use'em and love'em both. I use wind walls for one of them and purchased a mesh screen wall for the other. Walmart and Bass Pro Shops has both wall items. Also I bought a new Coleman (EZup type) mesh food tent. I will post in June and let you folks now how it works.