Fall Camping

Discussion in 'New Hampshire' started by cdeleeuw12, Aug 19, 2014.

1. cdeleeuw12

cdeleeuw12 New Member

We're looking to do some fall camping (October and possibly November). Has anyone done fall in New Hampshire and have any suggestions on where to go?

Thanks in advance!

Carly

2. MamaK

MamaK Member

We stayed at Greenfield State Park for a weekend last fall. No hookups, large sites, clean bathrooms with coin operated showers. It's in the southern part of the state and is pet friendly. Reservable sites are available until Oct. 11. The park's website indicates the campground is open until the end of October. I believe we were there in September and only saw a few other campers. Staffing was minimal, too. If you're looking for campgrounds with hook-ups then I think you have to check out the private ones and I don't know when their season end.

3. davido

davido Well-Known Member

I don't live anywhere near NH, but I do plan on camping at a couple of UT destinations in October. Normally we do "no hookups" sites, but in this case we chose to go private CG wigh hookups so that we can run a space heater as well as the furnace (as needed) without concern for battery consumption.

When things get really hot it's a similar situation, except that we're running the air cond, not the heaters.

4. 66Camper

66Camper Member

Be sure to try Goose Hollow CG, www.nhcampgrounds.com, for beautiful fall camping
    at a wicked friendly and well maintained c.g.
    It's one of our quick getaways from southern NH.

[​IMG]

5. vinmaker

vinmaker Member

I have stayed in the Warren, NH area at Scenic View and also at Moose Hillock. I like Scenic View the best for the sites they have along the river. They also do a large Bon Fire on Columbus day weekend to end the season. Moose Hillock has wonderful wooded sites and a great swimming pool which is not relevant due to the fall season.

Both campgrounds should have websites for you to view them.

Warren is on the quiet side of the Kangamangus. We do the Polar Caves, Lost River, Loon Mountain caves, etc. It is a lot of fun.

Vin.

6. davidlfenton

davidlfenton New Member

JUST A NOTE

Check out the Cove camping area on Conway Lake. Our favorite spot,

We are spending our 40th wedding anniversary this next weekend (the last weekend of the season for the campground.. but an excellent spot for the discerning.

David

7. vinmaker

vinmaker Member

Is that a state campground? I am not set up for boondocking. :(

8. cdeleeuw12

cdeleeuw12 New Member

We just got back from Lost River Valley Campground in North Woodstock, NH. It was wonderful. Highly recommend it. We will be back next summer for sure.

9. Garywt

Garywt New Member

Lost River is great, so is Fransted In Francona.