Fallon RV Park, Fallon, NV.

Discussion in 'Nevada' started by Unstable_Tripod, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

This is where I ended up after discovering that the camping facility at Walker Lake would not be satisfactory. I don’t like private CGs and/or RV parks but once in a great while there is no other choice. It was another 55 miles north on US 95 but I had the time and that was 55 miles closer to home. The address is 5787 Reno Highway, Fallon,NV 89406. Elevation is about 6,400 feet. This RV park is nicer than the one in Escalante because the pull-through sites are large enough to easily accommodate the trailer and the truck (42 feet long), the roads and level site pads are paved with concrete, the grounds are mostly grass instead of dirt (some areas of crushed gravel) and there is more shade from large trees. There is no privacy, however, because there are no bushes, fences, etc., to separate the sites. Sixty-three of the 70 sites have full hook-ups (including cable TV if you want it) and 30 of them are pull-through. Some sites have 30-amp service and others have 50-amp service for the big rigs. There is a clean laundry/toilet/shower building as well as a trash facility. Pets are allowed. The property also contains a gas station and mini-market (propane and ice available). They take reservations. Any empty sites are FCFS. Quiet hours are 10:00 PM to 8:00 AM. Checkout time is noon and no “disorderly conduct” is allowed. There is free wi-fi and the signal is strong. With tax, I paid $37.66 for a one-night stay. I did not take any photographs of this facility.

2. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

I stayed at this RV facility again on my 2013 trip. DW had a problem with the heat at Flaming Gorge so we cut the planned three-day stay to two days. We were originally going to make a long day's drive from the gorge to Lassen NP in California but since we now had an extra day we decided to break that in two and stop in Fallon for showers, laundry, groceries and dinner at a restaurant. DW even won $8.20 in a slot machine. I'm glad we stopped because doing the gorge to Lassen trip in one day would have been really, really long and tiring.