Fan/Light Combo

Discussion in 'Lighting, Interior and Exterior' started by Whopper14, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Whopper14

Whopper14 Member

I have gone thru about 3-4 fan/light combos. The light portion never quits but the fans stop working pretty quick. Went thru 2 under warranty and purchased one from Amazon. The one purchased from Amazon was same brand the cam with the Clipper. Anyone know of any fixes or more robost brand? I have taken them apart and not seen any weak solder joints or burned components. I have 3 fans of which one works.

2. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Honestly I ran across so many bad experiences on the net with these types of units that I didn't bother getting one. The fan itself doesn't move that much air anyway. Instead I picked up a much larger 10" 12V fan, and wired in a splitter for my ceiling light port socket so now I have a fan that moves way more air and can easily be moved to different directions and still have a bunk light.

You might be able to swap out the fan motor with a better unit and that might help.

3. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

I got mine on amazon and they work well. I cant see much going wrong with the fans? If there wired properly? Maybe the unit needs cleaning and grease? Really dont k ow how there set up, do they have a coil? Maybe the wire is came off of it? Would be hard to see. If not you can test the coil segments.

4. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

I've had several fail as well. Or the bearings start clicking. Just made cheaply, no matter where you purchase from.

This reminds me, I need to get some new ones.

I also use a Sharpie to mark the fan and light icons.

5. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

I have had good luck using the portable 120V-12VDC-D CELLS O-2 COOL 10-inch fan... really gets a work out for us with all of its different power sources...

Looks like this...
    [​IMG]
    Google image

My two fan-light combo fans both failed about the same time with the fan going out...
    [​IMG]
    Google image

The fan was more important to me then the light was. I still leave my two fan-light combo clamped into place and just use the 12VDC light from it... I did convert my lights over to LED lights...

Another use for the O-2COOL fan for me is it is the perfect height to sit behind one of these low profile oil filled heater to blow around some heated air when needed... We use two of these low profile oil filled heaters plugged into the 20A Service pedestal when at electric site for our heat. The propane furnace is always way to much heat for us where we camp and runs us out of the trailer when being used... These oil filled heaters are perfect for us...

[​IMG]
    Google image

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

6. Kampus

Kampus Active Member

Our pup didn't come with the bunk fans, just the lights...and we dont use them. I went on amazon to find bunk fans and ended up with one of these to try after the reviews for the bunk fans didn't look to great. Got it about a week ago.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MV1LCJS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

fan.JPG

I have tested it out a few times around the house and have been pretty impressed so far. It clips on the shepherds hook or sits on the counter, moves a ton of air for its size, and its rechargeable or can run off of a usb charge pack.
    Cant say how durable it is or how long it will last.

We just need it for sleeping and a charge should get us through the night, but we will probably order a second set of batteries just to have. Field test will be this weekend.

hayyward likes this.