Fanshawe Conservation Area - London, Ontario

Discussion in 'Ontario' started by missybb, Jul 24, 2012.

1. missybb

missybb New Member

We love this park. It is part of the Upper Thames Conservation Authority and is literally 15 minutes from our house. Even thought it is close to home we still feel we are getting away from being "plugged in" to life and all its stresses.

The park is small but the lots are large. Every lot has water on it (at "non serviced" prices). The park is small enough that the kids can walk to the camp store. Swimming pool and splash pad are also in walking distance for the family to not drive anywhere. There is also a "beach" with sand if you want to drive. This park is on a reservoir that is dammed from the Thames River.

Because of the huge amount of seasonal camping there are seldom lines to check in and never lines at the dump station. The lots are grassy (no dirt!!!) and most of them have a lot of shade.

It is also close enough to the city that you can literally "run out" for groceries etc and be there and back in half an hour. Lots to do, of course, in the city of London as well.

We LOVE this campground.

http://www.fanshaweconservationarea.ca/

2. pawseyte

pawseyte Member

When I was a kid we went on a school camping trip to Fanshawe. That was the only time I camped here but had a fun time. We also used to bike from Westmount area to Fanshawe to go fishing at the damn (long bike ride). I no longer live in London but my son does and was thinking of going camping with him at Fanshawe.