Fantastic Fan-Can I just replace the vent part?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by smoreking, Apr 8, 2012.

1. smoreking

smoreking Member

Hi, I'm in the process of caulking and maintaining my pup for the beginning of this years fun. I need to reseal around my fantastic fan vent and with further inspection I think I should replace everything on top of the pup. It is cracked a few places around the flange and yellow from baking in the sun. There are screws under the lid where it looks like the fan can be removed. I want to just replace the vent part if possible, and I see vents for sale that look just like the inside of mine but they don't say anything about fan replacement in the description.
    I did a search for fantastic fan in the forums with no luck. I think I can get the 8000 model fan like mine for about 89.00 but I'd rather just get the vent part if possible.
    Thank you

2. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Active Member

3. smoreking

smoreking Member

Thanks Hacksaw, I was really thinking about replacing the whole vent part. Everything on top of pup is yellowed and looks like has some cracks. I noticed two of the corners were broke off when I scraped the Dicor sealant off. I guess its all made together with the fan in it. The create-a-breeze model I have can be bought for 90.00 and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

4. smoreking

smoreking Member

I just called Fantastic Vent to see if they could answer my question and sell me the parts. They were very helpful and friendly. They said if I ship the whole thing to them, they will rebuild it completely fixing anything wrong and send it back. All I have to do is pay shipping. YES

5. bondo54

bondo54 Active Member

Don't you just love it when a company takes care of it's consumers. The company is in Michigan and just about an hour away from where I live.

6. smoreking

smoreking Member

Yes. That just made my day.

7. Travelhoveler

Travelhoveler New Member

They are indeed a FantasticCompany. I am the third owner of my ten-year-old pup and when the lever broke that raised the lid on my fan, I called to ask about purchasing a replacement. They refused my offer of payment, and sent the part out right away with instructions. Great folks.

8. SNielsen3

SNielsen3 We like to be comfortable.

I too am a proud Fantastic Fan owner. Our current camper has the model 6000. We have had one on our last three campers. They are great to deal with too. I broke a piece on our last one, and they sent me replacement part for free too. Great company, and a great fan.

9. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Active Member

I guess buying quality pays off in more ways than one !

10. smoreking

smoreking Member

Got my rebuilt create-a-breeze back and ready to go:
    [​IMG]