Faucet Replacement

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by nfisherman, Jul 31, 2010.

1. nfisherman

nfisherman Member

The faucet at the sink in my PUP has begun to leak. I tried to replace a couple of O rings, but it didn't help much. The faucet is mostly plastic and is very cheaply made. I'm thinking it would be simple to replace it with a simple standard kitchen faucet for about the same price as an RV faucet and it would be made better. It looks to me like the existing faucet is made to standard dimensions and it would be an easy swap. Is there anything that I'm missing? Has anyone else done this?

2. riverwalker

riverwalker Member

Ive switched mine out, only thing really needed was a hose clamp and an adapter that screws on to the faucet and allows the hose to slip over it. Some drilling is required. Its run direct to city water. Defiantly looks better.

3. MissLou

MissLou Member

Since we always camp with hook-ups we replaced our leaky plastic faucet/pump with a single lavatory faucet. We don't have hot water so this worked out well for us. It was very inexpensive as well.

4. mred

mred 2008 Fleetwood Avalon, 2001 f350

we put in a Bar faucet. Can get pots under it, fits the dementions of the old one, and the faucet neck just screws off for packing up the PU. Pd like $60 and a local pluming supply place. Couldn't find anything at the home store. But the plumming supply place had what i needed.

5. RhinoDave

RhinoDave Active Member

I just replaced mine this Spring. I put in a high neck bar type faucet also and I have to remove the neck before closing it up. It's a small price to pay for making washing pots and pans easier. It fit in the old faucet holes with no modifications needed. Getting to the holddown nuts was a PITA and I ended up pulling the sink out to get at them. Here's a pic of the new faucet.
    [​IMG]

6. nfisherman

nfisherman Member

Thanks for the replies. RhinoDave, the new faucet looks great. My faucet mounts at the back of the sink, not at the corner. I think it has the standard kitchen faucet spacing. The faucet drops down behind the sink for folding the camper, so I won't have to take the faucet apart when traveling. The old faucet is mostly made of cheap plastic. It has has a high spout and I like that, but the faucet itself is junk. I found a faucet that's a pretty close match at Home Depot, except it's made of metal. It should last a lot longer and it's only $50. It looks like I'll be putting that in next week.