Favorite Card games

GA Judy

Super Active Member
Oct 15, 2010
Amazon.com just delivered our new card games: Five Crowns and Quiddler. Can't wait to play.

RockyRoo

Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD
Jun 8, 2012
Skip bo, phase 10, rummy, euchre if i can find enough to play. Lately we play a lot of dominoes

cssweeney

Jun 26, 2012
Love playing Phase 10, but it is hard to play by yourself. But now I have downloaded it on my Kindle, so now I can play it by myself. [:D]

mnebinger

Livin' The Dream!
Jul 22, 2012
Hollywood Rummy (but differently than I can find rules for online)
Hollywood Canasta
Canasta

LjohnSaw

So many fish, so little time...
Jun 24, 2011
Northern California
fmbhappycamper said:
I have decks of cards in the Pup but remember playing Mille Borne as a kid camping [8D]

We used to play Mille Borne as kids. I just found a complete set of cards with a plastic draw/discard tray for a buck at a thrift store! SCORE! Now to teach my son and daughter the next time out camping. We were just turned on to Skip Bo - great game with the kids.

WannaTravel

Mar 17, 2009
Southern Maryland
our family enjoys NERTZ, but we've made our own, with each member using a regular deck of cards. we each have a different design on the back so we can separate them after each round. we have played this with up to 10 people at once...boy, does that get crazy!

I know NERTZ has a specific set of rules, but I think we've changed them up a bit.

Deannetor

Jun 22, 2012
Neither of these are for young kids - and definitely not your everyday card games!

We all love Killer Bunnies (reading the cards is as much fun as the game) - this is a game I came across at the USC Bookstore and ordered from Amazon. We keep the main set with add on decks at home and keep the remix edition in the trailer.

Flux is also a favorite - rules keep changing, so you gotta pay attention.

wmshay6

Jul 6, 2011
We play a game called "spoons" a lot. The kids love it and it's very fast. But not good for after quiet hours because it can get loud.

link here: http://www.pagat.com/eights/spoons.html

You can buy the game in kit form at any discount store. But since we all have sporks when camping, we use those. Maybe we should call the game sporks!

EK41

Nov 5, 2010
2nd on the spoons. Don't know why you would need a kit for spoons. Its just a deck of cards and one less spoon than players. When I was young my four brothers and I would play this all the time while camping. Very rarely finished a game, a fight would break out long before the game was suppose to end. Good times, but it is funny that what we all remember most about camping was fighting over spoons.

CamperMike

Super Active Member
Sep 27, 2012
Haven't been able to play much cards camping yet because it's usually just me and the 2 kids... 1 of them can play a few games, but the other is way too young. My favorite games though if there were enough adults available are euchre, Canasta, spades, hearts, and rummy. Cribbage isn't bad either.