Favorite 'Joy' of going to the darkside?

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by heckufaguy, May 11, 2013.

1. West Coast Canuck

West Coast Canuck Jumped to the dark side ......

My biggest joy? Coming home and not having to open it up to clean in pouring rain. It was getting annoying & painful to open it up, unload, clean and reload. Now I just come home, take out the perishables, clean and wait til the next trip. Having all the amenities on board is definitely a bonus! You can opt to slum it or go whole hog and enjoy all the creature comforts..lol Oh and setting up?......much easier....it's all power....just hit 2 switches and that is it....

2. HeatherZ

HeatherZ New Member

A/C, easy to use awning, bathroom, and each kid having their own bed without giving up the sofa or dinette.

3. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

Amen Sista' [:D]

4. joannme

joannme New Member

We had a 94 Mustang, it was huge...I think actually more room then our 18M Roo Hybrid. We have taken the "Roo" out 2 times,, the set-up and take down are so much easier, of course the crank on the pup would not catch so my SO had a lot of bangs in the knees!..Also, I do all the backing in, and parking, the Roo is so much easier , never back and forth, back and forth...In fact felt pretty good last trip, SO pulled into a gas station, got us stuck on an angle heading for the pump, Harley guys all around, he had to get out and let me get in and save the day!!! The awning is wonderful...and we had decided not to use the bathroom or water in the Roo, but I am trying to convince him that it would be a heaven sent! Although we have no clue how or what to do concering using it or empting it!....Still hangin here with the PUP peeps though! everyone is so great!

5. heckufaguy

heckufaguy New Member

Using the plumbing is so easy once you do you'll kick yourself. Sure you have to dump full tanks, but the process is one hose, tied from camper to sewage portal. You empty your black water. (pull a handle) and wait... when it sounds like the water has stopped flowing you close the black handle, and empty the grey. Black is the commode, Grey is everything else. So you're washing your nasty out of the hose with all your soapy shower water... Rinse, store hose in bumper (That's why the end caps come off). I had a hangup about the idea of it, until the first time. Now it's a non issue.

6. bigdad

bigdad Active Member

The Dark side is nice[​IMG]

7. Twisty

Twisty New Member

"...it's all power....just hit 2 switches and that is it...."
    WOW!!
    You've got it made!
    I have to press 4 switches. Can you believe it?!!?? FOUR SWITCHES??!!!? [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

8. mschepac

mschepac South Jersey

Grey sider...

Pre-Packing the camper instead of the truck.
    Separate shower and commode. (our pup had them, but you used one or the other)
    A fridge that is cold and packable before leaving.
    ELECTRIC AWNING!!!!
    Lots of room
    No cranking
    The list goes on and on...
    M

9. BigBaron

BigBaron Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...

Dark side powerful it is... [;)]

10. DRKMinWA

DRKMinWA It's Friday, it's payday and I'm on vacation.

My favorite things,
    1. The "Auto" switch on the fridge/freezer
    2. The SIZE of the fridge/freezer
    3. The bed is always made up and ready and it's an island bed!!
    4. The bathroom!! Even though our popup had the shower/cassette toilet the real bathroom is fab
    5. Don't want to forget the electric awning.

Our popup was a 12 ft box, 25 when extended. Our TT is a 16 ft box, no extending to do though. Did I mention the island bed?

We're on our maiden voyage now, second night and back home tomorrow. We are loving the the "Dark Side".

11. camp dad

camp dad New Member

My favorite "Joy", the DW is happy.

12. blondedriver

blondedriver Member

The reason you will find the dark sides easier to back is a Larger trailer is easier to control. They move a bit slower and easier for the fine control.

This is the reason why truck drivers can back there trailers into tight places ,, that and lots of practice!!

13. Sumoman

Sumoman New Member

Its a fixer upper and I still have my pop up

14. West Coast Canuck

West Coast Canuck Jumped to the dark side ......

Besides having on board facilities, (greatest thing since sliced bread) being in it in a severe thunderstorm and not having to worry about it.....little pounding off the roof but worth staying dry,.....also noticed that it doesn't get as damp as the pup did when it is cool and rainy. Best part of all is the set up and take down.....way more easier. Push button to close the slide, another for the awning and pulling up the stabilizers. Even the jack is electric...lol

15. fallsrider

fallsrider Active Member

That's probably the thing I'm enjoying most about our TT...DW loves and enjoys camping much more now. Camping with DS has its challenges, and the TT makes it so much easier. Now, when I suggest we go camping, she says, "OK."

But in addition to that, just the ease of setup and break down, and the fact that it is always set up at home makes it so much easier to run out there and do something like fire up the frig, restock towels/wash cloths in the bathroom, etc. And DS treats it like a playhouse. He loves to go out there just to play.

And then there's the full bathroom. How could I forget that.

16. dickinjo

dickinjo Member

Pros
    1. Ease of setup/tear down. And life is good when DW is Happy Happy.
    2. Toilet - again Happy Happy. But I admit I enjoy not having to wandering around in the dark.
    3. Not having the "dry it out" if you pack up in rain.
    4. Big fridge & freezer. Only 1 cooler now for refreshments.

Cons
    1. Ease of towing/low bridges & branches/almost requires camping area (not just spot in the woods)
    2. "Waking up in the woods". I dont need the canvas but sure would lke a bigger windows.
    3. We opted for not having a bunk house (just DW & I) but the popup would be better for family.