Favorites?

Discussion in 'Campsite Electronics' started by WannaTravel, Dec 19, 2012.

1. WannaTravel

WannaTravel Member

So, I was wondering....what are your top 5 current TV shows, and do you ever record them and take them along camping? How do you watch them?

We use our laptop.

My personal favorites are (in no particular order): Leverage, NCIS, Major Crimes, Bones, White Collar

I just realized I prefer the shows with ensemble casts [LOL]

2. BigBaron

BigBaron Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...

This well be funny to watch just to see if I've heard of any of them.

3. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

My current favorite TV show is Fringe. I also like White Collar. However, I don't worry about TV when camping. My personal philosophy is that camping is about getting away from civilization and TV is part of civilization. I use Comcast and they have an "On Demand" section which caries the last month's worth of episodes from most of the TV shows. If I miss something I can usually catch it there. Or, in six months or so most old TV shows episodes show up on streaming Netflix.

4. WannaTravel

WannaTravel Member

I should have mentioned that it is not the highlight of our trip, but brought along for extended periods of bad weather.

5. WannaTravel

WannaTravel Member

So what TV programs, if any, from the States do you get there (Okay, how ignorant did that just sound?) [:D] [:D]

6. novagirl

novagirl retired camper

I like Blue Bloods and Parenthood. Also, shows on HGTV.

7. chrismarques

chrismarques New Member

Only current show I really watch is new Hawaii Five O. Then cable shows cars, cooking etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Yooperwannabe

Yooperwannabe Active Member

The only thing we take camping would be a couple of movies for the kids to watch at bedtime or rainy day. My top 5 favorite shows are Persons of Interest, Grimm, Fringe, Park Ave 666, Downton Abbey.

9. catmanblue

catmanblue Only thing better then fishin is campin and fishin

I don't watch much tv, but we do take a small tv with built in dvd player so the DW can watch her John Wayne DVD's late at night while sitting in camper during bad weather. [{}=]

10. BigBaron

Wanna-I don't recognize a single name yet, except for Parenthood (I think I saw it mentioned on the net) and of course, Hawaii Five-O, but not the new one.
    We don't watch the $#@! that Burbank and Hollywood put out. It's all guns, cops, killing, and junk like that to me, or pre-marital/gay relationship stuff. Don't need it.
    People here used to think that "Friends" was what it was really like in America!
    I've had friends, their brothers, and one friend's father star on TV shows for years and never seen one episode of any of them! :eek:
    I haven't watched network TV for a loooong time. My kids are wonderfully naive (not ignorant, though), and I intend to keep it that way. ;)

11. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

If it's raining and there's a wireless network available at the CG, I just watch NetfFlix on the iPhone.

12. BigBaron

Dubbya-how does that work? Isn't it expensive, or do you have an unlimited plan?

13. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

Well, I have unlimited data on the iPhone plan through MTS here in Manitoba so I have used it to watch movies but it doesn't work too well with all the traffic tying up the cell towers on a busy weekend. Some of the Provincial CG's have free wireless networks, so I use those when possible. That works much better.

NetFlix costs $8 a month for the subscription and you can watch it on your PC, television (if you've got a PS3) or a handheld device. At home, our PS3 is hooked to our wireless network and it works flawlessly.

There's enough content there that we hardly even watch cable TV anymore unless it's the news, a current series or some special movie or show. I pay $50 a month for cable and another $50 for high speed internet. You'll need that to be able to use NetFlix. Using NetFlix, our Pay-per-view bill has gone from $30 a month to pretty much nonexistent. Our DD loves it too as there's tons of programming for kids/teens. Using their website, you can filter out the garbage and set the age ranges and content you want available.

It's worth thinking about. Oh and if you have an iPad or laptop, you're all set. Just go to netflix.com and enter your credit card info. They bill the $8 a month (or whatever you'll have to pay in Korea) automatically. No muss, no fuss.

14. BigBaron

Doesn't work in Korea though. At home we have HD VOD for a ton of the "good" channels and Korean channels, and some European channels.
    TV here is like it was in the 60s and 70s in the states-don't have to worry too much about what is on.
    I just load the files on my phone or laptop, or bring DVDs for the latter. Still haven't had to use the DVDs yet.

15. froggie

froggie New Member

I really like "Love It or List It" and my husband keeps Bonanza and Marshall Dillon on most of the time. But we don't watch anything when we're camping. I just can't see bringing it on a camping trip.?.?