February 2020 - what did you do for your camper?

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by kitphantom, Feb 1, 2020.

1. carguy4471

carguy4471 New Member

Here's a new one in this thread.....

What I did for my PUP..... I purchased it and gave it a good home!

bobinfleet, kcsa75, Jenkamus and 5 others like this.
  2. Jenkamus

Jenkamus Active Member

Took the roof completely off and stripped it to only the aluminum skin, going to start reframing and putting it back together soon. Planning our spring break camping trip.

Adding a fantastic vent fan, 100w solar panel and a LED porch light on the roof above the door so we can have more light under our awning.

Started picking away at the 30 year old pin stripping to get that off to prep for painting (hopefully this year.)

FARfetched likes this.
  3. FARfetched

FARfetched Active Member

Brushed the snow off the cover last weekend. The mahoosive rains we had the last couple of days took care of the rest.

4. bobinfleet

bobinfleet Active Member

Completed my diesel heater installation now waiting for the stormy weather we have had for about 2 weeks to calm down so we can get out

5. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

I have been sewing away, with the realization that the first camping trip is just over a month away. I got a bit carried away cutting out place mats. Originally I'd planned to make just a couple to use on my cafeteria tray at pot lucks, but I got to playing with fabrics in the stash. I got tired of having my plate slide around (only one really close call at losing it all). The non-slip pantry liner I tried didn't work, there wasn't enough weight on the plate. 30 place mats later, I think I'm done making those for a good long time; half will be for the house.
    Under the needle today, flannel pillow cases (home and camper) and zippered bags to haul dirty dishes home from pot lucks, and any other use that arises. Throw rugs are next in line after that.

Attached Files:

DiamondGirl and Sjm9911 like this.
  6. Econ

Econ Well-Known Member

The nonslip pads for dashboard GPS's got terrible reviews on Amazon. If the pantry liner didnt work what did you use?

Thanks

7. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Velcro. Industrial strength.

Econ likes this.
  8. Econ

Econ Well-Known Member

Under the extreme southern heat will the adhesive do weird things to the dashboard?

9. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Not sure. Mine held up good so far, the truck gets hot in the summer. Other then screwing it on it was the only way.

Econ likes this.
  10. Georjean

Georjean New Member

Cushions took a bit of a hit last summer, so recovering cushions and making pillows out of hubby's old star wars sheets. Also making plans for Spring cleaning, cold here so cant open her up yet. I have cabin fever so bad, and our first trip out isn't until May, aaarrrggghh

DiamondGirl and Raycfe like this.
  11. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Active Member

Just got back from a wonderful weekend at the lake. I reorganized a Sterilite wide 3 drawer cart (without wheels) to store/organize our paper products: plates, cups, bowls, paper towels, napkins, foil, table cloths, plastic silverware, disinfectant wipes, baby wipes, toilet tissue, Kleenex, serving trays and etc. The drawer was originally used to store pillows & sheets inside. I bought storage bags last year for our pillows & sheets. The storage bags fold down and take little space when camping. The drawer is set up on a Coleman high stand and stored outside by the Aliner. We had the stand for years and it wasn’t being used. We also keep a PopUp laundry bag underneath the plastic drawer for dirty clothes. I sprayed the PopUp laundry bag with Rustoleum Never Wet spray for fabric. I will cover the drawer when it rains with a 55 gallon garbage bag to keep things dry underneath if the EzUp’s not set up.

Reorganizing has given us more space inside which is always a good thing in an Aliner/Aframe.

Happy Camping...[ALPU][PUT]

Econ and Sjm9911 like this.