February 2021 - What did you do for your camper?

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by kitphantom, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Chrismtl

Chrismtl Active Member

I ALWAYS have a Canadian flag somewhere at my camp... usually a small one (Antenna sized) on the front of my PUP. As a Quebecer (I know you are too) I like to display that I am still a Canadian and NOT "one of those"...

One think I have always envied of our southern neighbors is their patriotism. They fly the flag for no other reason than the fact that they are PROUD to be American. I am a proud canadian, and have a maple leaf tattooed on my left arm.

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

The flag I am putting out is a Sisters on the Fly one. Nice to have when we have events, and with few of those this year, handy to spot others as we’re out and about. I have a decal on the trailer, but it’s hard to spot from a distance.

Sjm9911, Chrismtl and Eric Webber like this.
  3. Chrismtl

Chrismtl Active Member

Took a few minutes to remove the majority of the snow from the roof. IDK why, but I get really nervous with all that extra weight (A/C unit included) on the roof.

[​IMG]

Indiobravo likes this.
  4. Beatrice

Beatrice Member

The DH and I shoveled "Sherman" out from the snow because we are leaving with it on February 25th to head to Vegas/Boulder City Nevada. If we get threatened with another snow storm we are moving it off the mountain to a spot where we can easily get it out. I'm leaving here on the 25th and even that stupid ground hog can't stop me!

Susan Premo and kitphantom like this.
  5. Kyle R Thorson

Kyle R Thorson Active Member

I have a lot more of those the older I get.

Susan Premo, kitphantom and Sjm9911 like this.
  6. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

I dont have one when camping, unless its a holiday. But i do have one at home. For me its not political, i had militarily relatives that served and died for the flag. The flag represents what we accomplished and what we fought for as well as the freedoms we have and enjoy now. It is simultaneously our past , present and future wraped in one banner that i can be proud to hang up. When i see it it brings back heavy memories good and bad but also conveys a feeling that we can overcome anything if we work together under one banner. After all that why wouldn't you fly an american flag.

zak99b5, c2sands, Strawhouse and 5 others like this.
  7. Sjm9911

8. afidmt

afidmt Member

I am a Retired AF Medic, and have had some international travel to a few third world countries for both work and pleasure. The flag I fly at home reminds me of how well we do have it here - yes we have our faults, but those are far outweighed by the benefits that others envey us for !!!

c2sands, WrkrBee, Strawhouse and 2 others like this.
  9. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

I have an American flag I fly at the campsite, mostly on holidays -- Memorial Day, July 4, Veterans Day, etc. But most of the time I'm flying the Crimson and Blue of my alma mater.

kansas_jayhawks_wordmark_flag_150908sma.jpg

neighbormike likes this.
  10. firepit

firepit Well-Known Member

Mines in a enclosed storage shed so ran over to check it out and put some fresh bags of rodent repellant in it and under it...Exciting i know...seeing the camper does nothing but fire me up for nicer weather.

neighbormike likes this.
  11. firepit

firepit Well-Known Member

Camp in Nebraska and most likely you will see Husker flags on display and campers wearing Husker sweatshirts in fall.
    I like to walk around and see the difference in campsites....some you see are very minimal and others are so decorated it looks like a yard sale.

12. Fish N Farm

Fish N Farm Well-Known Member

I don't own a trailer that has this type of front storage and have never looked inside of one that does. I see tons of posts on this issue. I wonder if someone has thought about cutting the floor in there and and fiber glassing the pup floor to the front wall of the box to seal that off then angling the floor in the storage box down to the rear and leaving room for water to get out. If it has one of those big slide out drawers rehinge the lids to the front with some sort of shielded hinge and not worry about what watter gets in there.

13. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

My husband and I did some measuring in the trailer, to see if I can use a shelf we already own for organization on girls' trips, when the dinette is a bed. I have a couple shelves in the wish list on Amazon too. He climbed under the bed, and found my umbrella/flag holder, it had slid to the rear, behind the row of crates. We tried it and it will work well with the flagpole I bought, so I can have the SOTF flag/banner up when I want to use it.
    I mid-read my calendar and didn't make our August reservations in Colorado first thing Saturday morning. By the time I realized that, Sunday noon, the campground we wanted was booked up. I was able to make reservations this morning, beginning 2 days after we'd wanted, so we just re-worked the trip plans a bit. We were even able to book the site we've used for 25 years or so, on all but two trips. Now to hope I get fully COVID19 vaccinated before then, or the trip is either canceled, or Courtenay gets to to a solo one.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  14. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

we widened the overall gateway leading to the Aliner's parking spot - one half gate got widened by 18" - we now have a total lateral clearance of 29" available when backing the Camper into the parking spot behind the gates. Much better than 11" clearance.

Attached Files:

15. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Knocked off another 6 inches of snow off the roof today

Sjm9911 and silvermickey2002 like this.
  16. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ Gold Supporting Member

Crap, that reminds me I have to do the same!!!! They are expecting another few inches tonight!

Sjm9911 likes this.
  17. Sjm9911

I haven't knocked any snow off mine yet. Im living dangerously.......

neighbormike likes this.
  18. Eric Webber

Eric Webber Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Reminds me - I have to do that as well. And I'm past 3 feet worth

Sjm9911 likes this.
  19. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

I always have 2 small antenna-size and one large Canadian flag in my Aliner. I fly a small flag- sometimes 2–from my Aliner whenever I camp—which pre-Covid was usually with Portal friends in the U.S. I keep the large one to hang from my canopy on Canada Day.

neighbormike and Sjm9911 like this.
  20. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

I checked my battery and just keep clearing the snow off my Aliner shelter— 9444B623-84BF-4D9E-84F9-8EB184D5EFA9.jpeg and shovel snow away from the shelter to make room for more!