February 2021 - What did you do for your camper?

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by kitphantom, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Holy Pat! Maybe when you're all done with your snow, you could head over to my Mom's place and do some snow there too. Looks like you have energy to burn.

2. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

We hooked up to her and did a roll and stroll to Destin, Florida. Did a couple of stops in Georgia, Thomasville and Richmond Hill, on the way back home. Blew the water lines out until the next time.

kitphantom likes this.
  3. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Honestly, Wrench, I have just about enough energy to look after my own snow.
    Hmmm... Snow is closer to your mom’s—and he’s a lot younger than me! He could stop in on the way home from work! ;)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    Sjm9911 likes this.
  4. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

We woke up to a balmy 7*, after a night of high winds and snow. With the last snowstorm, with winds from the east, we were in the snow hole, where most of the snow is blown west of us. Not this time, even though the winds seemed to be in the same direction. I remembered that the vents in the trailer were open a bit, so we went out to check. The vents were open, under the MaxxAir covers, and we had snow inside. The screened ends of the MaxxAirs were facing the wind. This is the first year that the trailer has not been covered over the winter and we just forgot to check the vents.
    The good news is that most of the snow that came in over the bed ended up on the new banner flag, which made it easy to dump into the shower well. We put a towel under the vent so the snow caught in that will melt onto it. Int he bathroom, the toilet lid was covered and it was sticking to one wall. We opted to just leave it, since it is the shower.
    I added more antifreeze to the toilet, it has evaporated pretty low and what was left was slush. We also discovered the hot water tank switch was partially on, oops.

Attached Files:

neighbormike likes this.
  5. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

After reading kitphantom,s thread. Thinking about last night Snow and ice storm, Figured I go and look inside my camper also, just to make sure everything still looked good, however. After tracking trough snow and ice half way up my knee, the zippers on the cover are frozen solid, since it’s only 20 degrees today with the windchill in the single digits, figured it’s best not to try forcing it. Guess that may have to wait for a warmer day

Sjm9911 and kitphantom like this.
  6. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ Gold Supporting Member

Shoveled out the pup and cleaned the dam roof off again!!!! Now they are expecting another 5-8' of snow again on Thursday!!!

Attached Files:

Sjm9911 likes this.
  7. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

I got held captive in mine last night....I went out to check the interior humidity level, mouse traps, ect. It was about 20 degrees and has been rainy or icy for several days. I found the door handle frozen. I got a heat gun and thawed the handle and went inside. I was only inside a few minutes. When I tried to open the door, I found the handle had refrozen. I was trapped...Fortunately, I had my cell phone and had left the heat gun laying outside the trailer. I had to call someone inside the house to come out and thaw the door handle again to let me out...lol

8. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ Gold Supporting Member

@xxxapache, sorry, but I had to laugh at that!!!! That would be my luck as well!!!

kcsa75, DiamondGirl and Sjm9911 like this.
  9. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

@xxxapache - so far, haven't done that in a camper. I have gotten iced out of the house a couple of times, because the drainage from the roof can hit the screen door handle on the sun room. If it's cold enough, it freezes it so the button on the outside is encased. I've learned to check before going out in the back yard in cold weather.

DiamondGirl, xxxapache and Sjm9911 like this.
  10. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

The sun. Came out for a short while today, just enough to thaw the zipper on the cover enough to get it opened, took a look around inside everything looked good. Sat on the couch for a few minutes. And said. “ don’t worry girl... we will be out camping. Soon “

silvermickey2002 and kitphantom like this.
  11. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Adventures with KODI in AZ Diamond Supporting Member

Stored, organized, installed and bought more than a few things...
    1. 2020 Dutchman Kodiak Cub 177RB
    2. Equalizer WDH
    3. Bathroom garbage can
    4. Storage containers
    5. Utensils organizer
    6. Toilet scrub brush
    7. Kitty litter box (we are planning to bring our Maine Coon, Max camping)
    8. Soap dispensers for kitchen and bathroom
    9. Rhino Extreme sewer hose kit
    10. Camco grab bar for screen door
    11. Rhino sewer hose rinsed kit
    12. Rhino sewer cap plug wrench
    13. Rhino sewer hose wrench kit
    14. Fastway Zip 4’ breakaway cable
    15. Installed inverter
    16. Installed LED 12volt TV
    17. Installed RV Queen mattress
    18. Installed 3” memory foam mattress topper from Costco
    19. Moved all camping gear from the Aliner to KODI.
    20. Preparing KODI for his first trip out to the lake.

We have been busy with KODI...

Happy Camping...[put&hy]

kcsa75, kitphantom and Sjm9911 like this.
  12. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Oh, oooo, oh , can i play too! I like spending $$$.
    You need a paper towel holder ( stick up or screw)
    Camco pop a plate, for all your paper plate needs!
    50 command hooks , for you know everything else! ( seriously get these!)
    I did use the comand hooks with office basket organizers for the wall. Good for remotes, keys , etc.
    Have fun with it. The equalizer is a good wdh .
    And we need pictures of the main coon! Preferably with tail puffed up.

13. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

Just curious how much weight was added to KODI? We just cleaned out the Aliner and had too much stuff in it.

DiamondGirl likes this.
  14. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

kcsa75, Sjm9911 and DiamondGirl like this.
  15. DiamondGirl

@neighbormike...

Thanks for the advice. DH ordered it from Amazon. It’s exactly what he wanted. During our KODI orientation, I asked the technician about the end caps because I saw someone on YouTube complaining about losing their Rhino sewer hose. He didn’t have any recommendations. Since we bought the Rhino Extreme hose ($$), I don’t want to lose it while traveling. Those end caps are more secured than the OEM caps.

Happy Camping...[put&hy]

neighbormike and Sjm9911 like this.
  16. DiamondGirl

@WrkrBee...
    I estimate about a couple of hundred pounds... My Camp Chef Ranger III is about 25 pds. alone. DH and I are still uncertain if we will need it since we can always cook inside KODI. I like my CCRIII because it has three burners, great for cooking strong smelling foods like bacon outside, and allows me to use larger size cooking pots & pans. My Cuisinart Professional Grill weighs 22pds., Outland Firebowl Propane pit weighs 23pds., two Timber Ridge Gravity Recliners weigh 40pds., Lifetime 30” Personal table weighs 12pds., and etc. As you can see... It starts to add up.

Happy Camping...[put&hy]

17. DiamondGirl

@Smj9911... Thanks for the tips. Love your ideas. I ordered a magnetic paper towel holder that’s secures to the side of the range hood. The previous owner installed command hooks so we’re covered there. And I also like your idea of a Camco Pop a plate. I will check it out. I want to make sure it will work with the Hefty paper plates I buy from Costco.

Folks, keep passing on the great ideas of outfitting KODI, our NTU TT. It’s greatly appreciated. Has anyone installed a Maxxair Maxxfan 00-07500K Deluxe with remote to replace the generic bathroom fan?

Happy Camping...[put&hy]

18. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

26134A07-67EC-4907-8DCE-B29904988DC3.jpeg
    Installed this past summer... I absolutely love it!
    Edit: please excuse the grime - I know we shouldn’t post dirty pictures!

jonkquil, DiamondGirl and Sjm9911 like this.
  19. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

I still think the best thing is the shoe holder, on the pup i put it on the main door. In the TT its on the bathroom door. Good for flashlights, sun tan lotion, bug spray. Batteries, etc.

DiamondGirl and neighbormike like this.
  20. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

The grab bar for the screen door is one of the best items we bought for our TT. It may not seem like a big deal but IMO it makes a big difference.

I see that you went all-in with the sewer hose, etc. That's fine but don't freak out about the black tank. I see a lot of folks get themselves worked up about this. With apologies to Burt Reynolds, it's not a sh**ty job.

I added an additional gate valve for the outlet. We have two grey tanks on our TT. This allows us to fill both greys evenly instead of one getting full while the other is half full. But more importantly, it's an additional layer of protection between you and the black tank.
    https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Waste-Valves/Valterra/T50A.html

neighbormike and DiamondGirl like this.