Figuring Toll Cost???

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by kmeece, May 30, 2013.

1. kmeece

kmeece New Member

Trying to figure out the toll cost on our trip from Indiana to Niagara Falls. We are talking I-90 and I trying to find what to plan for with toll costs. I found on one website that my rig is considered a "medium" truck due to pulling the pup. Is that right? Where can I find the individual toll cost? Can I pay with a debt card? Do I need exact cash?

Sorry with the questions? Just needing some direction. We leave Saturday morning!!! [?:~{]

2. bandc12

bandc12 New Member

In my experience mostly on turnpikes... they charge depending on number of axles. I also always made a toll fund.. which was a bank envelope filled with mostly 1's and 5's a couple of 10's and $10 in quarters.

3. fmbhappycamper

fmbhappycamper PuP Power

4. gec66

gec66 Active Member

When I go on the New York Thruway website and walk through the process I come up with $4.85. That is from the PA line to downtown Buffalo for 3 axles light duty (under 7'6" high). Should be the same coming back. I couldn't find an answer to the question of payment type, but at less than $5 each way I would just pay cash.

5. steved

steved New Member

It depends on the toll road...some charge by axle, others charge by weight. You going to be either three axles or a class three weight.

6. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

I know last year it cost us less to cross Grand Island in Buffalo, then it did to return to our native Country .. thing the Grand Isl. crossing cost us something like $4 (each way) and to return home we paid close to $15 ... go figure ...