Finally! After a year we finally got to camp!

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by Canoecamper, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Canoecamper

Canoecamper New Member

Love it! After about a year we finally were able to take our "new" 1999 Coleman Santa Fe on a road trip! 750 miles north & we spent a wonderful week in Northern Minnesota. Everything went fairly well for a first trip. We did have a few furnace issues but they seemed to have worked themselves out (we threatened the furnace by buying a little electric heater as a backup). [:D] We did run out of gas on the last night (hey, it got down in the 30's a few nights). Anyway, we are definitely happy campers and ready to get back out as soon as possible. DH even did a few mods (and rewired the brakes) while we were at camp.

I have a couple of questions about tongue weight, etc. but I'll post those elsewhere.

2. cruising usa

cruising usa New Member

Sounds like a good trip.
    Happy Camping
    Ken

3. bud121156

bud121156 Western North Carolina

Glad you had a great first trip!

4. yogi

yogi New Member

It's great to hear you are official "happy campers". Keep up the good times! :)

5. CampingGators

CampingGators Awaiting the day...

Sounds like a wonderful trip! We had a low of 64 this morning. Daytime temps are still in the mid-90's. We would not need a furnace at this time of year. I'm envious of your lower temps. Fall is almost here, but we won't see lows in the 30's until January. [:)C]

6. barbjmj

barbjmj Member

Sounds like a great trip! Any pictures to post? :)