Finally back in a pup

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by getndusty, Aug 27, 2017.

1. getndusty

getndusty pull up a stump and sit a spell

I joined this wonderful group back in 2009 when I bought my brand new Rockwood Freedom. I learned a lot of fantastic tricks, mods, and general information here. Sadly in 2011, I lent my pup to family members to attend the Bristol NASCAR race and they totaled it on the way home.

I have since wondered through the woods aimlessly sleeping in tents and small, primitive cabins. No More!! I say.

In June, I purchased a gently used 2013 Jayco sport 8. I spent 3 weeks going through it and fixing any small issues I could find and doing a couple small mods. I am in love with this thing already. Being smaller than my Rockwood it is easier to handle and maintain. It also pulls like a dream.

I have missed interacting on these forums. I am finally ready to be sociable again.

2. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Welcome from Texas, and welcome back to the PUP life.

3. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Welcome back from the N/W Fl. Panhandle. Congrats on the PUP, I reckon you will not lend this baby out. You never realize how much important something is until you are without it.
    Good luck and Happy Camping

4. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Welcome back - I 'm glad to see you in another POPUP trailer... I made my one and only three day stay at a NASCAR event in Talladega Superspeedway in AL. We survived the crowd and the 24/7 of everyone running their generators. My CO detector was going off all the time haha... It was a 24/7 beer party haha... Saw many rowdy folks jumping from trailer top to trailer top... Swore then I would never visit another one...

My 2008 Starcraft 14RT POPUP trailer is the OFF-ROAD version and I will have to admit I would really be tasked to go back to smaller non-off road type trailer... About 90% of our camping is OFF-ROAD usually back off of a Natl Park Forest Service road here on the east side of the US.

we still like and still do OFF-ROAD tent camping as well in the high country of Virginia...

We still love to wake-up in the cool mornings sitting around the camp fire drinking some good ole fresh ground and brewed favorite bean coffee and watching the Fish jump in the creek... My OFF-ROAD POPUP trailer support this type of camping with my extended battery bank.

We just never got into the RV TRAVEL mode. Made a few trips connected with my working days but most of our trips now are local within a couple hundred miles of home base here... Maybe twice a year we will make it down to the Smoky Mtns at Gatlinburg Tn or the Myrtle Beach SC area visiting family.

Roy Ken

[​IMG]

5. Boatnman

Boatnman Well-Known Member

Congratulations and welcome back!

6. Bowman3d

Bowman3d Well-Known Member

BAD BOY, BAD BOY! Never lend out your pup,NEVER! And why did it take you 6 yrs to come back in the fold. lol Welcome home

7. Lanternman

Lanternman Active Member

Welcome back! We put our Jayco up for sale a couple weeks ago, and when the deal fell through on the one we were going to replace it with, my girlfriend says "If you get a decent offer, maybe you should just let it go." Oh HELL NO! Lost the better part of the day at work playing online, missed dinner, but came home with a beautiful, barely used Starcraft the same day, sold the Jayco the next day.
    Cant be without a pup, especially this time of year when things are just starting to cool down- prime camping weather!

8. Ismael Jenkins

Ismael Jenkins New Member

Welcome back buddy. Feeling great to have you back in the community.