finally found one!!

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by rwolff, Mar 1, 2011.

1. rwolff

rwolff CANT WAIT TILL SPRING!!!!

well I've been searching for about a year now for a used pop up, with the hard times that we've all suffered from our pup budget was pretty low. after countless post on craigs list and other sites and many replies and pictures I finally found a keeper, It's pretty old, the guy doesnt know what year but it's a Starcraft, Starmaster 6 I think it's late 70's or very early 80's, complete with the lime green sink, counter and table! lol but what really sold me on it was this thing doesnt even look like it was used..at all!! aside from a couple patches in the screen, this thing looks brand new ( back then anyway lol) inside and out this thing is in awesome shape! my thinks I should modernize it a little with different colors, but I kinda think it's pretty nice the way it is, so thats still up in the air..anyway we're looking to go pick it up on sat, the best $400.00 I've spent in long time, If I can figure out how to post some pics I will when I get it home....

take care all
    Ryan

2. campinggrama

campinggrama New Member

Please post pics, sounds like one we had years ago. The lime green was the color then...ours had a sink unit with a large back splash and 2 dinettes that made into beds...loved it but sold it and purchased a larger unit for our family. Enjoy your $400 purchase, sounds like a keeper.

Laurie

3. pakrat

pakrat New Member

congrats on the nu2u pup. You'll have a lot of fun with it. Gotta love lime green.

4. Carpinteria PuP

Carpinteria PuP New Member

Congrats! Old skool PuP, same here.

5. greatlakers

greatlakers New Member

Ryan,
    Maybe you should check out the vintage PUP site and see how your new one compares. You may not want to change a thing. You could go with a whole lime green vintage theme. [:D]
    What ever you decided to do, if you have questions, this is the site to get the answers. Hope you and the girls have a great time customizing your new find.
    Welcome from your neighbor in mid Michigan.

6. rwolff

yeah it's almost to perfect inside to mess with it, hell I don't mind the color, maybe after I add some little mods she be ok with it, she doesn't hate it, and she loves the fact that we got a nice pup that needs absolutely no work done to it whats so ever for very little $$, the main thing is I gotta figure out a way to make the bunks more comfy for her, she has a bad back, any cheap idea's?

Ryan

7. pakrat

pakrat New Member

I use a queen size coleman air mattress in mine. Works pretty well and is nice and comfy

8. greatlakers

greatlakers New Member

Just bought a really fluffy, like "It's so FLUFFY" mattress topper at Walmart for $25 dollars (any size - we bought a king...$25, oh yeah!)
    Check it out. We're going back for one more just in case mom-in-law camps with us.

9. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

Sounds awesome. I like the nastalgic look. If I were walking past a brand new one and an old one, Id be stareing at the old first.

10. Steve A

Steve A A bad day camping beats a great day at work!

Ryan,

I think you'd be mad at yourself later if you were to repaint. Classic is classic. If we repaint it'll only be to repaint original colors and add the decals. (It's original now, but looks worn.)

[​IMG]

78 Apache Roamer.

11. ogeer3

ogeer3 New Member

Sounds like a great deal.

12. rwolff

hey Steve A,
    that Apache looks exactly like the one my brother has, anyway I'm not planning to do any painting, the outside is in real good shape paint wise, my wife was just thinking of a new counter, sink and table, I'm thinking I'm going to just leave it alone, and enjoy it!

13. bud121156

bud121156 Western North Carolina

Congrats on finding your new camper.

14. Hyperterex

Hyperterex Active Member

nice crib...an oldy but a goody