Finally Got Some Pics!

Discussion in 'Photography' started by niagarafam, Apr 11, 2015.

1. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Many of you have asked us for photos. We finally have evolved to create a Photo Bucket account. How do we share them while keeping our account secure?
    M&K

2. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Keeping your account secure....? I'm not sure that you can. I've been using Phototbucket since the downfall of Webshots and don't know how to keep photos secure there. I don't know exactly what you mean by secure, so that only certain people can view them?

This is what I do when I put pictures on Photobucket....

No pictures go on there of anything that might identify who I am or where I'm located.
    --so-- generally no faces (although I think there is 1 of me, and a couple of nieces and nephews), no names, license plates get whited out, house numbers get whited out, ID numbers on my boat get whited out, I never add titles that may indicate that we were at a function "just down the road", limited pictures of what my house looks like. (this is the same for Facebook)

As far as I'm concerned, when you put a picture on the Internet, you better be prepared for someone else to take it, change it, call it their own (watermark or no watermark), and circulate it all around the world. I'm very cautious as to what goes on there. Having said that, millions of people put piles of pictures on picture hosting sites and never have a problem.

3. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

I am trying to figure out how when others post their photo links on the Portal, it takes you to a site that you as the viewer cannot manipulate. How do I derive a link from Photo Bucket, that I can post on the Portal, that when opened the images and site data cannot be manipulated by others?

4. R00

R00 Active Member

I dump all mine on picasa and just use img tags to hotlink. Cleaner that way. Noone wants to open another page for my stupid pic :)

Like so...

[​IMG]

Voila!

5. redneckgearhead

redneckgearhead New Member

I'd venture to guess that if you have pics on your phone/electronic device....They're accessible by other parties whether you like it or not. Terms and conditions on most devices and apps make keeping your pictures yours nearly impossible.

6. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

I'm talking about being able to manipulate them on the site that they're on. When I click on people's photos here on the Portal, it will open up their library on PhotoBucket or wherever. I can view their library but I cannot do anything else. That's what I want for mine. I want to be able to place a link in the Portal post that people can click on to view my pictures, but they won't have the ability to manipulate anything, just view the pictures.

How do you Photo Bucket users set yours up so this is the case?

7. JiffyPopJunkie

JiffyPopJunkie Active Member

Martin, unless someone has your log on/password for Photobucket I don't think anyone can manipulate a photo. Its a photo sharing site so when you click on a pic it brings you to that library. Its a view only library. (Make sure you log out of photobkt before leaving)
    Everything Wrench said is also true. Beware what goes on there as it becomes photobuckets property and can be used by them, sold to someone else etc. Just post safely and all should be well