Finally - Our NTU PUP

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by bscritch, Mar 15, 2014.

1. bscritch

bscritch New Member

Well, after months of sitting by the fire combing absolutely every website/dealer/craigslist possible - we found a very well cared for 2010 HW296! Yes, we already had it up - just to ensure that I could actually remember the setup and takedown routine. This is one big camper! The previous owner took incredible care of the unit - still has that new RV smell - love it!

Heading to the Blue Ridge Parkway area for a week in May with my 14 yr old daughter for a week of bike riding / fishing and just hanging out.

I met the owner at the OH/IN line to pick up the camper. He spent 90 minutes with me showing me how to pop it up and just little tidbits that helped me as a first time PUP owner - tows like a dream (I used to pull a 28' North Country) - I love the low profile!

Stay tuned for some pictures - will wait till I get it set back up! He also threw in all of the goodies as well...patio mat/new awning lights/wheel chocks / gray water tote....etc!

Love it and have never camped in it - yet!

Cheers all
    Brian
    Granville OH

2. kall2

kall2 New Member

Good luck! Have a great time!

3. JeffR

JeffR Member

Congrats. Enjoy your pup!

4. Jayko

Jayko Jayco 141J aka Big Bertha

I spied som photos of a similar camper on the www. Nice camper, congratulations, looks a lot like ours, a 2010 Jayco 141j. They both are beasts.

That said we love our beast, on one trip we had 9 adults in it and we had room for more.

Happy camping, may your campsites always be level.

5. Ken Mc

Ken Mc Member

Congrats on your new camper. I am sure you guys will enjoy it.

Happy camping from Texas,
    Mac

6. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Congrats ......... enjoy

7. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

That's a huge PUP! Looks nice; congrats! I'm sure you'll have some great camping trips this season! Send some pics along, as we all love pics! :)
    (especially when our camping season is a ways off!!)

8. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Congrads on your ntu camper. Still time to make plans and come to the hocking hills and pa western central rally at cooks forest. Alot ao fun and free advice there to get you better aquainted with your pup

9. jlynn58

jlynn58 Active Member

Hello And Welcome From Lancaster, Ohio!!!
    Enjoy And Have Fun With NTU Pup!!!
    Keep On Trucking Camping!!!
    [%] [%] [%] [%]

10. bropaul

bropaul New Member

Congratulations, Brian! That sounds like a pretty nice camper! It really pays to take your time to find the perfect camper for your family and your towing capabilities. I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures!

If your schedule permits, we have a Midwest Spring Rally at Hocking Hills, April 25-27. We have a great group with 20 sites already reserved and sites are still available. Several members have been there but most of us are really looking forward to seeing the beautiful trails and waterfalls for the first time. We would love to have you join us, we always have a great time!

Diane

11. Macmean

Macmean New Member

Where on the Blue Ridge Parkway if you don't mind me asking? We have camped along stretches from Blowing Rock, NC to the Damascus, VA area. Road bikes or mountain bikes?

12. bscritch

bscritch New Member

Hocking Hills Rally sounds awesome - I need a good "test camp trip" to work out any additional items that i may encounter prior to heading to the NC area in May!! I will dig in and find out where the Rally is being held - may sign up!!

We are heading to either Bears Den Campground (Spruce Pine NC) or Fancy Gap KOA (VA) campground in May. Will be taking Mountain Bikes with us.....just wish this weather would break for more than a day or so!!!