Finger Lakes New York

Discussion in 'Campground / Trip Planning & Suggestions ?' started by mouse6196, Apr 19, 2011.

1. mouse6196

mouse6196 New Member

Can anyone suggest a good campground in the Finger Lakes Region of New York State. We like forested sites with some privacy. we really don't like camping in field sites. We have two young children also. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We are coming from Canada crossing at Niagara Falls / Buffalo.

Thanks

2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Off the top of my head .. WatkinsGlen State Park .. Depending on when your going they might already be full... Check out the Reserve America site and search for cg's in NY State..

3. jasf

jasf New Member

Sampson SP especially if you like biking or walking(not really hiking),Keuka Lake SP has some really secluded sites on the upper loop. Flint Creek is a nice private CG. Lots of activities for the kids & very friendly staff/family hosts. WG is nice,but often full or near capacity. The only place I would steer you away from is Holiday Hill. Not weekender or pup friendly.

4. acenorm

acenorm My 2 cents, probably worth 1.

If you can't get into Watkins Glen State Park, try Camp Bell Campground in Campbell, NY about 10 miles outside of Watkins Glen and a few miles from Corning.. Lots for the kids to do, and the owners are great.
    campbellcampground.com

Best Regards,
    Norm