Fireworks

Tonya Harding

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2018
Virginia
Son did a road trip yesterday & bought $642 worth of fireworks, said he was gonna relive every day life in Afghani-land w/ his pals; one of 'em has a large field w/ a pond, rural location, so no people around. No doubt crap will hit the fan up here starting tomorrow, dude down the ridge lives for the 4th of July every year lol...maybe you can set it up before everything cranks up...

NLB

Silver Supporting Member
Oct 10, 2021
West Palm Beach, Florida
Son did a road trip yesterday & bought $642 worth of fireworks, said he was gonna relive every day life in Afghani-land w/ his pals; one of 'em has a large field w/ a pond, rural location, so no people around. No doubt crap will hit the fan up here starting tomorrow, dude down the ridge lives for the 4th of July every year lol...maybe you can set it up before everything cranks up...,
Tomorrow, being payday, it will be in full force until they blow their wad on the 4th at midnight. I’ve been hoarding my Trazadone so I can share some with my 13 y/o dog that must have PTSD from a war zone episode. I never even knew she served 🤔

Tonya Harding

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2018
Virginia
share some with my 13 y/o dog
With you on that one, wife's Chihuahua freaks big time, she has him a bed under the couch that he heads to when the popping starts; best years are when the 4th is on a weekday between Tuesday-Thursday, usually not a 3 day event then it seems...I can handle them if I know they're coming, don't like surprises...

neighbormike

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2012
WI
When Lex was little, we were literally a block down from where the city fireworks were lit… had one heckuva annual party…. She started out ok, sitting on my lap (“we” outgrew that too)… by the time we moved, she couldn’t stand the fireworks…. Now, across town, and both of us older & grumpier, we go in the house when it starts getting noisy and I do my best to provide distractions.

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
Fireworks are Hard on many dogs and even some people. Thankfully I live far enough away from the professional ones the sounds are muffled a lot. The plus to living in the city. However the teens around here shoot their fireworks right in the middle of the street surrounded by townhomes and the shooting fireworks tend to land on peoples roofs or yards. It started a fire on someone’s roof once and the fire department was called and police followed soon after but the kids ran away. Didn’t last long as another group was out the next evening Doing the same dang thing. My state does limit what type of fireworks are allowed here. Unless you are a professional with all the appropriate licenses. So that does help limit things That are being shot in the air.

NLB

Silver Supporting Member
Oct 10, 2021
West Palm Beach, Florida
Fireworks are Hard on many dogs and even some people. Thankfully I live far enough away from the professional ones the sounds are muffled a lot. The plus to living in the city. However the teens around here shoot their fireworks right in the middle of the street surrounded by townhomes and the shooting fireworks tend to land on peoples roofs or yards. It started a fire on someone’s roof once and the fire department was called and police followed soon after but the kids ran away. Didn’t last long as another group was out the next evening Doing the same dang thing. My state does limit what type of fireworks are allowed here. Unless you are a professional with all the appropriate licenses. So that does help limit things That are being shot in the air.
Nothing is enforced in Floriduh.
There are laws, and then there are Nitwits. I think that’s how the expression “Florida Man” was invented.
If it was just a few hours on the 4th I would be fine with it, but it’s a several day/night ordeal. Debris on the roof, pool enclosure, no fires yet thanks to concrete tile roofs.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
So far this year, there have been few fireworks folks usually begin playing with them a couple of weeks ahead of a holiday.
I hate them, for a number of reasons. We live in a neighborhood, so houses aren't far apart; we're also close to Open Space, where a wildfire could be started. After finding a spent bottle rocket on our roof one year, I'm always nervous about fireworks. The good news for this drought year is that we got a record or close-to a record amount of rain in the last 2 weeks of June (2.8" at our house) so things aren't as dry as they were.

no Fries

Mar 25, 2013
Fort Mill
Our pup (boxer 10 yrs now) has gotten worse over the years. She will be on our laps when the start. Memorial day we were out back and someone was setting them off. She wanted to go in the house but wanted to be with us........in,..... out,... in,.... out lert me back in!...... We had to go in........ "problem with SC is that they are legal the ones that have ramparts go boom and have all the pretty colors. Yet somehow the small bottle rockets that are smaller than your pinky are illegal because they don't go high enough......

xxxapache

Super Active Member
Jul 30, 2008
We have a boxer. She doesn't do well with fireworks. When we camp at the beach in SC, she equates darkness to fire works. As soon as the sun goes down she starts to stress regardless of whether there are any fireworks being set off or not.

Oldspurs

Jan 2, 2022
Central Texas
Our rescue Puppy, half Rat Terrier & half Jack Russel Terrier does not like fireworks. Like NLB we have Vet prescribed meds, does help but leaves her weird for a few days. So we are headed to Llano River to camp for a few days, camp is in the middle of nowhere, they do not allow fireworks, super quite. Truth be known, I do not like the noise either, so I will take the meds. WOW what a concept. Enjoy the camp.. See you on the trail.

Sneezer

Super Active Member
Aug 8, 2015
DFW, TX
I have never bought fireworks - never lived somewhere that allowed it. My family back inOH would get some when we were kids, and launch them off a flatbed tractor trailer for us. It was neat, but never something I really had a desire to do personally. These days my family doesn’t even botherr going to the various city celebrations. It is too damn hot in TX, and too many people go. Few things I hate more than being stuck with a bunch of people I don’t know, hot, sweaty and uncomfortable. Honestly I can’t remember the last time I saw a big show, other than at Disney.