First 2 trips in a pup!!!

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by Limmer, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Limmer

Limmer Member

So we have had our first two trips in our NTU pup! It is heaven! I am so very happy with our choice.

The first weekend was a quick 2 night trip close to home to try it out, see what we needed etc on Fathers Day weekend. We went to Awenda Provincial Park. It was buggy and rainy and cold!!! But we were able to sit inside and play games and cards and just hang out together. It would have been a bust of a weekend in a tent but we still had a lovely time in the PUP. We never thought we would need to use the furnace but on our second night my DH woke up around midnight and turned it on. It was so nice to have the option and so much more comfortable than sleeping in a full track suit (which we have done in the past).

Our second trip was 4 nights at MacGregor Provincial Park over Canadas Day weekend. It was such a beautiful park. The beach was a little smaller than we are used to but the water was lovely and swimmable, not as cold as we anticipated. We spent a morning in Port Elgin and had breakfast, found a used bookstore, bought groceries etc. It is a pretty little town. We went into Southhampton a few days later to hit up a little microbrewery my husband wanted to try. It was more touristy and fun to walk the main street with nice shops to browse. We didn't spend much time there as we wanted to head back to the park but it is on our list to visit again.

We went with a group of five families so there was a lot of visiting and less of using the park amenities than we usually do but we did hit up their Canada Day animal show on our way put which was really cute and fun. My girls are 13 and 15 so they are not as interested in this kind of programming as they used to be but the park did a great job of it. On our list for the next visit is to hit up the boardwalk trail , looked beautiful but we never made it. We did a little stargazing on the beach and it was amazing. So clear and lovely. Watched a sunset from the beach (not the best views but still fun). We stayed on Egret Circle and it was a great loop. Very private sites and we were at 185 and very close to the comfort station.

All in all this was easier, quicker and more comfortable than a tent and I can't imagine going back. We have two more weekend trips booked this summer and a week long in a little less than a month. I can't wait. If I can figure out how to add pictures I will!

2. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you're enjoying it so much. Sounds like a great move for you!

3. Shaman1

Shaman1 Well-Known Member

Heat, good sleeping....the amenities that get you hooked.

campfire Joe and neighbormike like this.
  4. Spridle

Spridle Well-Known Member

That has been our experience as well. With four of us, it's a bit crowded in there. But as you said, even rain and cold days (in our case sometimes even snow) and it's not a total loss.

5. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Sounds like y'all had some great adventures and made some memories already.
    That it what the unit was built for and you are taking it to the max. Good Luck and keep on camping

6. Austin40somethingnewbies

Austin40somethingnewbies New Member

Well done, Limmer! Sounds like yall had a good time. Wife and I would love to camp in Canada. Long way from Texas....

7. Limmer

Limmer Member

Worth the trip! ;)