First camping trip- Pine Acres, Oakham MA

Discussion in 'Massachusetts' started by Kaiyadaisy, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Kaiyadaisy

Kaiyadaisy New Member

I just booked my first my first camping trip ever at Pine Acres for mid Week in August. I will have my 2 year old and Kaiya, my dog. Any pointers from anyone who is familiar with this campground? It is close to home so I can make a quick escape if absolutely necessary. [;)]

2. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

Hello and welcome! You must be close to me, I am in Sterling.
    I have not been to Pine Acres in a very long time but went often as a kid. (40ish years ago [:(])
    I believe another portal member Jerry goes there time to time.
    Have fun!

3. Kaiyadaisy

Kaiyadaisy New Member

Thank you! I am close, I am in Worcester and grew up in Rutland. Where are your favorite places to camp?

4. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

Salisbury is my all time favorite. Steps to the ocean beach and uptown they have arcades and junk food. [:)O]
    Winhall Brook in Vt is the location of a rally every year (not this year due to construction) it's gorgeous.
    Lake Dennison in Baldwinville/Winchendon is nice, large wooded sites, nice lake, always availability. I go there often because it's close for a quick weekend. Bathrooms are not great.
    I know Rutland well, my kids went to Wachusett; always had one friend or another there needing rides to and from!

5. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

I was there a year ago. Its real nice . They have a pool , a big mini golf , a lounge inside,there is a small beech with ability to put a small craft.i think they even have a dedicated fishing pond. My only advice ,pick a spot away from the main lodge as its well lit and bright at all times . On the other hand it might be what you need with pup if you plan to sleep on the bunk facing away so bathroom runs are easy. The place was very clean and the showers were clean too.

The road off 148 is a bit tight for a bigger RV and new camper .even the entry is a bit tight, if you are new to towing .take it easy and have fun.

They do have RV service across the street ,but the stores are a bit off .you will pass a gas station with Dunkin and liquor store on 122 right after a flashing light near rutland .i think that is the closest store so stock up before venturing. This one of the better campgrounds in mass.

6. jerry_ma

jerry_ma Member

I just came back from Pine Acres. Hauled the Apache there from Wilmington for my son and his friends. We also had their handicapped cabin as it is just easier for DW to be in.

Lots of stuff to do there and we had a good time. If anyone likes to fish they have 3-5 pound bass this year.

Firewood is reasonable and if you get 4 bundles they will deliver it to your site.

The place gets real quiet after 11.

Enjoy an report back when you return.

BTW we will be going again mid-August next year :)

Jerry in MA

7. Kaiyadaisy

Kaiyadaisy New Member

My fist trip was a success! I was right across from the lake in a nice corner spot. The campers around me were so friendly and offered help whenever I needed it. The pool was perfect for my 2 year old, as was the jump pad, even though it is only open from 9-10 and again from 6-8, but with an early riser it worked out perfectly. I also got to use the dog beach for my lab, who also really took to camping. 2 nights just weren't enough and I will definitely make this place a regular stop for my future camping days.