First Come / First Serve over Labor Day in Oklahoma?

Discussion in 'Indiana' started by Mrs_P, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Mrs_P

Mrs_P Claremore, OK

I was thinking about heading out over Labor Day. However, it seems that the parks I have contacted have taken all of their reservations for that weekend. Now, the parks are on a first come / first serve basis. I am thinnking about going to Sequoyah State Park at Western Hills Guest Ranch for Labor Day. When do you think I should have the pup there to insure I get a spot?

Or do you know of other parks around the Oklahoma area that I could get in easier without having a ressy? I know that there are some creeks or something up around the Joplin area that I eventually want to check out.

Any suggestions or input is always greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

2. skeetersbunch

skeetersbunch New Member

I noticed a trend Memorial Day in our OK state parks. It seemed to us that people were driving to the park with two cars, buying the site and parking a car or the RV there overnight until they arrived to camp. This way they reserved their site over the holiday by pre-paying. You migh consider this. It seems that they purchased their site by Thursday before the holiday. This was at Lake Murray. Hope that helps.
    Thanks,
    Cindy