First Mod - shelves

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by TheRealCrazy8, May 5, 2020.

1. TheRealCrazy8

TheRealCrazy8 Member

My wife and I just got our NTU PUP and we just did the shelves in it. We don't even have anything in the PUP yet and we already see how useful it's going to be. Matter of fact, we're going to put one over the sink for some bins that will contain the cooking utensils, dishes, cups, etc.

Attached Files:

Sjm9911 likes this.
  2. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

That was one of the first mods I did on mine as well. I really like mine, but it does take time to setup and take down. Mine is longer though - about 4' for my galley counter, and uses 3 rods instead of 2. This year I'll be adding some U-bolts to the back of the galley to help keep the rods in place. My roof is sloped on the inside (ABS) so the rods have been known to slide out a little. I initially used industrial velco which held for a year, but the last time I had it set up for an extended period it managed to pull away.

It is one of my favorite mods though.

Sjm9911 and TheRealCrazy8 like this.
  3. TheRealCrazy8

TheRealCrazy8 Member

So, one of the issues I am seeing right now is a. the ability to screw the mounting thingy's to the rods while still being able to raise/lower the rod, and b. finding another way to keep the mounting thingy's from sliding down the tension rods since they are only zip-tied. I am no stranger to epoxy, im just not sure I can find, or know of one that will stick to these surfaces. Any ideas?

4. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Gorila glue.

TheRealCrazy8 likes this.
  5. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

A U-bolt and some lock nuts. That is what I used. Three hanging standards are well secured to the tension rods. Also get some closet rod holders and secure them to the counter and ceiling. That helps keep everything in place. I added a clevis pin on each of my rods as a safety stop in case they slid down as well.

TheRealCrazy8 likes this.