First PU 2007 Fleetwood Sun Valley

Discussion in 'Checkout My Rig !' started by Ac7822, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Ac7822

Ac7822 New Member

Hello all new member here. We're a family of 6 here in CA and just picked up our first PU. I'm happy tent camping but the other half really wants to camp more and can't tent it all the time. Either way I'm excited we're hoping to take it out on Tuesday to break it in.
    The pop ups in great condition. Only issues are one divot on the roof, 2 pinholes on the canvas and some wear on the bunkends, everything looks really good.
    I ended up paying a touch more than I wanted but I picked it over and structurally everything looks really sound, no leaks, water damage and in the end I could live with the price.
    As a bonus they didn't even know it had electric brakes and they never used the water heater or the furnace so minimal use there.
    Here's a few pictures, I don't have any of the Interior yet since they frown on popping it up in your driveway around here.
    Couple questions. What can I do to fill in the divot on the roof, it doesn't leak but I'd like to fill it in sooner rather than later. Apparently it's been on the roof for 8 years w/o issue it just kind of bugs me looking at it. What can I do about the vinyl bunkends, in the picture you can see the tear/separation. It's only on the corners where it stretches over the plywood. Popup looks like it needs some recaulking everywhere, do I just scrape off all the old stuff and lay down a new bead?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  2. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

An '07 Sun Valley will have a Filon roof so I'd use Dicor self leveling lap sealant on that divot and for recaulking any horizontal seams. All Fleetwood models beginning with the 2001 model year were equipped with electric brakes but to make use of them you have to have a brake controller in your TV. As far as the tenting is concerned I'd just clean it up as best as possible but if it continues to bother you remove the tent ends in the off season and have a shop that specializes in marine tenting repair those worn areas.