First time attending rally advice

Discussion in 'General Rally Info' started by kgesiako, May 18, 2019.

1. kgesiako

kgesiako Member

I have been working 7-12’s for the last two months and really need a break, turns out this job I’m on finishes up week before the starved rock rally so timing is absolutely perfect! Gonna be myself, d/w, d/d(age 8), and our four legged companion. This will be our first rally so I’m asking for tips on how site setup usually is? Is it standard to just put out extra chairs or something and wander around? And how big of a potluck dish does everyone make? Reallllllly looking forward to this break and may even stay an extra day or two if room is available, but the thing I’m really looking forward to is seeing all the pups setup together instead of the standard one or two you see in the whole campground

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Just have a good time.
    Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 7.07.56 AM.png

kgesiako likes this.
  3. friartuck

friartuck Well-Known Member

We do both, set out extra chairs and wander around. It does help if the rally folks have a sign or something at their campsites to warn, er notify others they are part of the rally. Then you know which sites you can wander into :). For the Mid West (Michigan) rally we rent an extra site just for rally activities, like the meet and greet and the potluck, and it gives a place to gather and meet.
    As for the potluck really don't try to bring enough to feed everyone! Whatever dish you are bringing, bring what your family would eat and maybe double it. Then see what is leftover, if any, and you can plan better for the next rally.
    But as Raycfe said: Just go and have fun!

kgesiako and Orchid like this.
  4. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Perfect timing indeed and have fun. Rallys I find are a lot of fun and you can meet so many like minded people. May even get introduced to other MODs to do for the camper.;). every wagon master may do something a little different, like getting together to kayak or hike but the ones I've been to your not pressured to join if you don't want to. For the pot luck I bring enough to feed a family of 5 and usually have an empty pot or very little left over. Once everyone makes something there is always plenty of food to go around. Funny thing is, my office pot lucks are always desserts but the camping potlucks a good mixture. Have fun. [CP]

kgesiako likes this.
  5. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

[LOL][LOL][LOL]

6. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

Just make a serving for four or five of whatever you bring. That's plenty. You aren't trying to feed the entire group just a few.

I think pup rallies are more "camping" than other RV rallies. With other groups, they are often about visiting rather than doing things.