First time buyer - $4500?? Colman Yuma

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by Redheadedcamper, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Redheadedcamper

Redheadedcamper New Member

owner claims he is the original owner when purchased new and they’ve only been out 10 times with it. Also was stored under a car port when not being used. Looking at the ad it seems to be in great condition. Anything I should ask about. He said he’s kept up on trailer maintenance as well.
    Link to the ad https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/55918811
    I just lost a sale on a similar model for the same price but 3 years older. So this one got me excited. Only problem is I live 4 hours away
    Thanks for he help

2. Shaman1

Shaman1 Well-Known Member

The only things I would ask would be if he would hold it & when can I inspect it. It's interesting that the ad says it has an awning, but it's not in the picture and he has another ad selling the awning for $100.

3. Redheadedcamper

Redheadedcamper New Member

Ya I noticed that as well, I assume it comes with the trailer unless he sells it separate first

4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

I would not assume anything, ask him and let him know it could be a deal breaker.
    Also make sure he has a clear title and check it by the vin number to make sure it is for that unit.

5. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

Probably needs new tires. Looks like a nice camper. I would go look at it and offer $3000. Possibly go up to $3500

Arlyn Aronson and xxxapache like this.
  6. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

We always recommend there are problems that you'll not see, and the owner not mention. He might not even know. The best thing to minimize that is to carefully look at it, while its set up. Check the floor, inside the cabinets for water damage. Bring a flash light for your inspection and crawl under the camper to inspect everything under there as well. Even with a careful inspection, you'll miss things.

7. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I bought my camper 4 hours away and have even driven 5 hours to check out another camper where the seller claimed it was in awesome shape and wasn’t. The important thing is to look over things real carefully. Bring a flashlight and a checklist pretend you are in impartial inspector. Don’t think about the long drive or the gas it took but only about the camper in front of you. Don’t go with rose colored glasses otherwise you may miss some Important things. Ignore what the seller told you unless you can physically see the signs about his statements. For mine, the seller told me it was stored indoors. However when I brought the camper home I noticed the barrings where hot so brought it to the shop for new barrings. Well when the shop took the wheel off, both drums were rust buckets. Clear sign the seller lied to me.

Arlyn Aronson likes this.
  8. mattlreese

mattlreese Active Member

Too much for a 10 year old popup. I might be willing to pay that price from an RV dealer as it would have a 90 day warranty, but not from a private seller.

Rusty2192 and Arlyn Aronson like this.