First time closing it down...gaps at door?

Discussion in 'General Camper Setup / Take Down' started by Kasey Redrum, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Kasey Redrum

Kasey Redrum Member

So we just got the 2005 Rockwood 1640ltd, we opened it up for 8 days, now ready to close it and cover it. it will sit in the backyard, on concrete, with a car cover on it, cheap ADCO. I notice that when it is all closed up, there is a 1/2 in gap between the top of the door and the bottom of the pop up roof. Doesnt appear to be a way to completely close the gap. What do people do to seal that gap better. ? maybe a strip of weather strip?? help.

2. cabranch47

cabranch47 Member

I had a similar issue on my Flagstaff HW27SC . I think that there was a rubber gasket on the top of the door so you could open the door with the to down. I replaced it with a piece of oak which seals to the top gasket with the top down.

3. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

You probably need something like THIS. I just replace the weather striping on my Flagstaff this spring. I was able to find it at my local Rockwood/Flagstaff dealership service center.