First time in a pop up, issue during first 3 minutes.

Discussion in 'Campground Etiquette' started by mkoser, Aug 13, 2012.

1. poohsta3

poohsta3 Poopup

People like that are bullies....and they keep doing it because they get away with it... us "normal" peeps are dumbfounded by them. But that would wear off after about 5 minutes...its amazing what a woman with a lil touch of PMS can accomplish ;-)

2. spotdog14

spotdog14 New Member

In all my time camping I have never encountered anything like that, I don't think I would have been able to keep my cool as well as you did especially with the extension cord thing. I am very protective of my site and the things that belong on my site (fire pit, picnic table, etc.).

The worst I ever ran into was tent camping in Wilderness State Park in Michigan, it was maybe 2 am and I was camping with some of my cousins of the same age and I had had one to many and decided to go to bed. I wake up to my tent glowing and the wall caving in. Turns out someone in a RV was attempting to back their camper into their site after the park closed and was in the midst of running my tent over because they had no idea what they were doing. Needless to say if my other cousin wasn't still up poking the fire I wouldn't have been as cool about it as I was.

But overall I have had great neighbors camping. I do usually pick end sites though so I can spread out a little and as to only have neighbors on one side instead of both.

3. turborich

turborich Active Member

Wow! Just read this for the first time. I would have told them to go kick rocks with a quickness! I hope I NEVER run into anybody like this!

4. brianbigdogsmith

brianbigdogsmith Camp more Camp more often

Id have told them the band gets here in a hour

5. gaylecrab

gaylecrab New Member

You showed amazing restraint. Of all the nerve! As horrible as this couple was to deal with, can you imagine what it must be like to be them? That thought alone gives me the woolies.

How about leaving just before 10pm to buy them a 1.99 extension cord? I hear they make great gifts. What better present is there to give than one that's needed? Plus, Santa always comes around midnight. [:D]

DH would probably go for he CG or park ranger. His practical nature sometimes spoils my fun.

6. mmdarden

mmdarden New Member

I like brianbigdogsmith's reply......my DH would have gone ballistic...at first nice but firm then all hell would have broken loose with the extension cords....

7. plowman

plowman New Member

I"ve been camp hosting for 3 months a year for the past 8 years. I have campers like this coming to my door all the time for silly reasons. Kids are playing on the road. Baby is crying You would be surprised at some of the complaints. most of the time I just tell them that the people paid money just like they did. Some times I ask them if it was their grand children would they be complaining. 7 out of 10 times the answer is no.

8. IVBENS

IVBENS New Member

Wow, just read this for the first time...as someone else said, my blood pressure and heart rate went up just reading the OP.
    Congrats for keeping it in check, not sure I would have been able to do the same...nope CERTAIN I wouldn't have been able to do the same.

I'm just surprised that couple was camping alone... with "FUN" written all over them, you'd figure people would be lining up to camp with them.

9. Wizfisher

Wizfisher New Member

I read the first couple pages before and almost commented originally but didn't for some reason.
    Here it is again, 9 pages now, and I didn't read the last half of the thread so I don't know if this has been said already. Lol

I would have gladly spent as much in fuel idling the entire day (6am-10pm) until THEY left.

10. acevesj

acevesj New Member

I love it...I almost couldn't believe this story, BUT THEN I remembered what happened to me...Unfortunately for them, I'm not to hold back so I told them where to go and showed them all around all the **** I didn't give. Sometimes, you have to speak their language, otherwise they'll just bully you...

11. Mickeyrv

Mickeyrv Week day camping is great

[TV] [HYC] Stupid is as Stupid does. Cutting the ends off of their plugs is not only stupid, but illegal. Just un-plugging them from the box at say midnight would do the job correctly, I probably would have lost it with those inconsiderate Stupid's but I would not have retaliated in a illegal manner as some have suggested, You did the right thing by not loosing it or even trying to get even or ahead. Hats off to you and your patience

12. xshield

xshield New Member

I know I'm coming in late on this and all I can say is WOW! The nerve of some peopel. I wouldn't have been able to control myself the way you did. My temper is too short for idiots. After the second time coming to my campsite and complaining about silly stuff she would have learned rather quickly how the rest of the weekend was going to play out...and I'm sure she wouldn't be happy. But good on you for taking the high road.

13. Wayne In Florida

Wayne In Florida Member

Well X10 to all….a picture would have been nice so we could post it in every Camping and RV forum available. Then let’s see where and what there camping experiences would be like. My TV is less then stock and after the Ext cord issue they would be wishing for weeks to get the soot out and off their camper. If you can’t tell, I don’t play fare when provoked.

14. kpic

kpic New Member

Some people believe the world was created for them. Normally no one cares, until they try to convert you.

15. Heritage

Heritage New Member

Re: First time in a pop up, issue during first 3 minutes.

-----Bingo!!!!

16. Heritage

Heritage New Member

Let me guess....

1. Look like they were made of money.

2. Probably around 60 years old. Baby boomers.

3. White.

That seems to be the busy body profile.

17. kpic

kpic New Member

Some people think they are "better" and age isn't a factor.

18. Skoshi

Skoshi New Member

Some people think everyone else is the problem and it's not that they are intolerant.

If you stay in a campground it's best to assume that there will be 1 or 2 times your neighbors annoy you while they are on their property... but they better do it a WHOLE BUNCH before you decide to step foot on their lot.

If you are doing a "preemptive strike" like they did where you assume someone will be starting a car during quiet hours or the kids will be too noisy... it is 100% in the wrong IMHO.

Last time I was camping (no pop up quite yet just bought it and waiting on the day for me to pick it up) we had teenagers from the front of the loop running about and smoking in the bathrooms all night.. they even melted the sign on the bathroom door with a lighter but I didn't catch them in the act.... THAT is worthy of complaining about... I didn't... I was only there 1 more day at that point anyway.

19. Haybale

Haybale I'd rather be camping!!

I would have had fun with pissing them off, now if I had my diesel running for extended periods of time or the kids had been loud then fine I'll settle my space.

If they had asked to use your outlet that would be different.

You really should not let people push you around like that, I'm not saying to start throwing punches, but hold your ground!!

20. sgip2000

sgip2000 Member

I find that http://www.kleintools.com/catalog/high-leverage-cable-cutters/high-leverage-cable-cutter work quite well.