First time popup buyer

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by killj0y, Apr 24, 2012.

1. kingsrider

kingsrider New Member

Patience! If you look, it will come...

I found our camper (1999 Coleman Taos) on Craigslist for $1500 in perfect condition.
    Before we bought we rented. It was surprisingly inexpensive and educational.

[PU] [TV]

2. killj0y

killj0y New Member

I hear ya it's just frustrating because i want to use it this summer since I likely wont have class so i can actually use it! Man i would patch and fix just about anything lol. [MOD] [CP] but i guess she isn't so confidant plus i feel she is being a little too picky. she has shown me wuite a few which are just too much, she hope to talk them down but i doubt they are coming down as much as she hopes. lol Who knows maybe if it has a problem or two....but then she don't want it rofl. Kind of a catch-22....

3. Misc99

Misc99 New Member

My husband is more patient than I am and I have learned that the two of us complement each other. It's a journey together. You will find it, in the mean time maybe you could find other ways to camp and build up your gear, ideas, and memories together.

BTW Jaycos especially top of the line ones are just as good as Colemans. Rockwoods are good also. it is more of the condition of the PUP that matters.

BTW I thought of you today. I went to an local RV mobile home supply warehouse today. I'm sure you have one down there. So when you need something a bit out of the ordinary that would be the place to start. You live in RV/mobile home mecca. My parents were winter Texans.

4. killj0y

killj0y New Member

I hear you, and as far as the Mecca part don't I know it, that's why I figured it's a destination for campers not a home lol so probably not as many for sale as up north. :(