first time

Discussion in 'Camp Driveway' started by penny, Jan 17, 2020.

1. penny

penny Well-Known Member

So after a week of going over all systems, and cleaning our new to us, 35 year old Avion, we had a camp driveway. We had hot running water, lights and comfortable warmth. It got down to about 34 last night, so I turned the heater way down and got under fleece sheets and a somewhat wimpy down comforter. It got cold in there!! I slept better after putting on a stocking cap, but dang! Since we usually dry camp, I wanted to see if all the insulation keeps the heat in. well, it may, but there are a lot of windows in that camper. It's what I wanted so it was light, but with light and windows comes heat loss.

so today a new 'to do' list.
    install charge controller so we can charge batteries with the solar panel.
    check batteries because we knew they were new, big and there are two of them. Just hope they are deep cycle or we have that expense.
    cut insulating material for the jalousie window at our head. the drapes are nice and thick but they are a few inches from the window.
    order more led bulbs and new knobs for jalousie windows.

first camping trip is planned for Monday, just don't know where we will go yet.

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

When it was cold weather camping, i always used sleeping bags rated for low temps. I swaped them out if camping with electric and used an ellecteic heater. Now i only camp with electric so no need for the bags.

3. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Have a great time.

4. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Not sure if this is an option for you. My folks have a large window above their bed with a rock guard like cover on their TT. They put reflectix between the Rock guard and window to help hold heat in and they put reflectix in the vent/sky light above their bed as well. The skylight was more because it let too much light in and they like it dark at night.

5. penny

penny Well-Known Member

good idea! I have some pieces of it that would fit in the roof vents. the rock guard isn't real snug against the outside of the window, so maybe put some inside.

6. Jeepguy93

Jeepguy93 Active Member

Im jealous.