First trip on "the dark side" tomorrow

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by jjjandrbaker, Mar 2, 2012.

1. jjjandrbaker

jjjandrbaker New Member

Well. I've waited a long agonizing week to hitch up my new trailer and hit the road. I'm going to hitch up in the morning, drive to the local high school stadium, and to an hour or so of backing practice. Then I'll head out to Guadalupe River State Park about forty-five minutes away to stay for the night. I plan to spend my time there stowing gear where I want it and reading the manuals while testing everything out. Should be fun. The weather is supposed to be a bit cooler than it has been with some wind. Hope I get a chance to test the AC and the heat.

Right now, I need to do some searches to see if I need to do anything special in 20 MPH wind to tow the trailer. Don't laugh, if you already know that is no issue or something. It is all new to me.

2. Hanvee3

Hanvee3 New Member

Good luck on your maiden voyage.

3. papachaz

papachaz New Member

congratulations! have fun, study up and you'll wind up moving everything around a few times before you finally settle on how you're gonna store it all. as for driving in winds, yes, high vehicles are more challenging to tow in winds. i watch the winds advisories when i know i'm going to tow it somewhere. just take it easy, and make sure to hook up the anti sway bar and you'll be fine

4. jjkach

jjkach New Member

Congrats on your new trailer. Good luck on your first outing!

5. jjjandrbaker

jjjandrbaker New Member

Well, here I sit in the new trailer. I am spending the day settling in and reading all the manuals. Backing into the site was a non-issue. Trailers are as easy to back in as a truck. I am gonna love this![​IMG]

6. jjjandrbaker

jjjandrbaker New Member

Just walked the camp area: 8 pop-ups, 6 hybrids, 11 tents. The rest are all trailers or busses. I tink there are about 48 sites.

7. KJcachers

KJcachers Active Member

are those vent covers on the roof and did you add them aftermarket or did the trailer come with them?

8. jjjandrbaker

jjjandrbaker New Member

They are vent covers. Ancira puts them on all the trailers.

9. Brate

Brate Bravado!

The wife and I almost considered that model.. But at 3 inches over 6 feet tall I can not stand up straight in that model. If it where only a little taller we may have bought that model instead of the PUP we got.