first trip this weekend going to be HOT!!we have no AC

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by mesuezee, Jul 18, 2011.

1. HeatherZ

HeatherZ New Member

We are in PA and are leaving Sunday for a week in Northumberland PA. We also do not have AC. Looks like the worst of the heat should break by Monday so it might not be so bad. I am figuring if it is too unbearable I will ask at the CG office if there are any other sites that are more shaded than the one we are booked for right on the lake (which does not have much shade. I did get the MPI blankets for the bunkends and will attach them with binder clips. I also have a few of those really thin emergency blankes in the camper so I figure if we need to we can do something with them to cover more of the southern exposure to keep the sun out. We have 2 fans. I am sure it will be very comfortable to sleep but I worry about the daytime since we are taking our Siberean Husky along and she is not fond of the extreme heat. She does enjoy laying on the bunks with the fan blowing though. [:D]

2. fmbhappycamper

fmbhappycamper PuP Power

at least you have a lake [8D]

3. HeatherZ

HeatherZ New Member

the lakeside sites are not as shady as you would think and there is no swimming in the lake. There is a really nice pool at the CG for swimming (actually 3 pools - a splash area for little ones, a deeper pool with a dive, and then a separate pool just for adults) and they put in 2 water slides this year. The lake is for fishing and they have paddle bots and rowboats you can use. At one end of the lake there is a sectioned off area for bumper boats. All in all we love the campground for all the "stuff" it has to offer. (did I mention they have all kinds of bikes to use (almost none of them are "normal" bikes - they are those three wheel things you steer with your hips and Surry bikes) We are all looking forward to the week and hoping it is not too ungodly hot.

4. tampajim

tampajim New Member

Ok, I'm not a purist......no AC, I stay home in the summer!

5. FC

FC Central Florida

Better take some big fans at least.

6. JETent

JETent JT

Good luck. Hard to imaging doing ANYTHING w/out AC this summer. Either way, have fun and enjoy the family time. Perhaps a bonding moment...

Later,
    JT

Onward.