First trip

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by Fishman1, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Fishman1

Fishman1 Member

My son and friend returned last night from our trip from the north Georgia mountains. Just a boondocking trip.we go every year,to trout fish and hang out. Had a blast as usual. First time trip in our Taos. Figured out a couple of things that need to be stored in the pup. Weather was nice and cool. We are looking forward to a trip to the Okefenokee swamp next month.

kcsa75, megcabra and Sjm9911 like this.
  2. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you had a successful 1st trip!

Fishman1 likes this.
  3. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Having a good time making memories is what camping is all about, especially if you have one of your children along. If you are going to the Okefenokee swamp at Waycross, check out camping at Laura Walker SP. then the entrance is just across the road and is very interesting with the tall tower, old homestead etc. Makes a great adventure. Good luck and happy camping

4. Fishman1

Fishman1 Member

We are actually staying a Steven C Foster sp. I’ve been to the swamp many times but not with DW. We are renting a boat and headed out with a map and going to some see some things that my wife has never seen before. I think I’ll take my pole as I remember fishing is fun in the swamp. It will be her first experience with the new pup. We are excited about going.

5. nineoaks2004

The swamp is always fun and can be exciting except for the bugs :) but DEET will help with them. The canoe trails and camping in the swamp are great too, it has been a long time since I did the canoe trails, I wonder if ole Fred the gator is still around, he used to come up on the camping platforms and scare the crap out of people camping there. Have fun on the trip, I am sure your DW will be amazed. Good Luck and Keep on Camping

Fishman1 likes this.
  6. southern gal

southern gal New Member

How did you like camping at Laura Walker SP? My sister-in-law says the cabins are very nice but I am interested in taking the pop-up. How are the bathhouses and privacy?

7. nineoaks2004

It has been a few years but I liked it so much that I stayed there several times (My Bro. Lived near Waycross) The CG was really good and the lake has pretty good fishing) The bath houses were good too. I was so impressed that I wrote Ga. parks dept. an e-mail and the dept head actually called me on the phone (he also informed the Dept head here in Fl how impressed I was and Fl dept head called me also. I think you will find it to suit your camping needs. Good Luck and Happy camping

8. southern gal

southern gal New Member

Thanks. We have reserved a couple of nights this summer. Like you, we are getting together with some family in the area.

9. nineoaks2004

Be sure and take a is trip across the road to the Okefenokee swamp, there is a tall tower to climb, and old homestead to see and a boat trip thru the swamp. When we went the ole boy giving the tour was showing soap bushes and he pulled up beside a gator, I asked him "want me to put it in the boat? he laughed and said yes, I reached over to grab the gator and he almost had a cow, he looked at my wife and said" he is serious ain't he" Wife said " yes he wrestles them at home"

southern gal likes this.