Fisherman's Memorial RI- Tent only..uhoh

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by mjsny, Jul 21, 2015.

1. mjsny

mjsny Member

I reserved site 108 at Fishermen's Memorial State Park in Rhode Island about 9 months ago and just realized that that Reserve America has "tent only" listed for this site. I don't know how I missed this.

I remember seeing this campsite photo with the PUP when I was scouting sites.
    http://www.campsitephotos.com/campground/Fishermen%E2%80%99s-Memorial-State-Park/photos/Fishermens-Memorial-State-Park-108

Too make matters worse, we have our scheduled vacation time off and other families joining us that week on their own sites.

And..to make it even worse, we traded in our PUP for a Jayco X23F that we are picking up later this week.

Not sure how strict they are on the tent only sites. I was getting excited for our upcoming vacation and new camper but now I am worried we may not have a site we can stay at.

Has anyone camped in the tent only sections at Fisherman's? They are completely booked but I will call them tomorrow to see if it is a problem. There is a campground (Burlington) that appears fairly close that has openings.

2. swordfish

swordfish Well-Known Member

Too bad. Area 2 is what you want. New electrical, water and sewer.
    Give them a call. Likely they will let your camper stay in Area 3. I would say just make the best of it.

3. chrisinRI

chrisinRI New Member

Burlingame is a State Park and very rustic compared to Fosherman's. It is only about 10 minutes away from Fisherman's.

4. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Just tell them you're originally from Canada. Up there some people refer to pop-ups as tent trailers. [:D] [LOL]

5. mjsny

mjsny Member

Called them today a Definite no to trailers but ok to small popups. The option is to delay picking up the new hybrid for a month, or camp at Burlington State Park about 30 minutes away.

Anyone ever camp at Burlington St Pk?

6. Aunt Ness

Aunt Ness Member

Just came back from Burlingame tonight. Lots of sites and so many to choose from. Only bummer is there is no electric or water. Close to East Beach and Blue Shutters beach.