Fishing pole storage? Safe on exterior pup walls?

Discussion in 'Cargo Carriers / Bike Racks / Other Storage Option' started by lksdrinker, Jul 31, 2019.

1. lksdrinker

lksdrinker Active Member

I was considering trying to add in some sort of rack to hold a few fishing poles. Anyone think its a bad idea to mount that on the exterior pup walls (not the curbside as they'd block the door, but on the "driver's" side)? It should only protrude a few inches. Anyone see an issue with this idea?

2. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Well-Known Member

The only real downside I see is putting holes in the walls opens the potential for leaks. If sealed properly that risk is minimal, but it’s always there. If you could mount it to the frame, tongue, or bumper, it sound like a great idea. Just make sure they can handle winds from passing trucks.

3. lksdrinker

lksdrinker Active Member

In my head I'm wondering about using some type of construction adhesive rather than any physical hardware. There aren't any laws anyone knows of that prevent transporting something like that on the outside of a trailer?

4. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

I would be more concerned with the rods falling/flying off while you're going down the road.

When we had the Pup I considered a 5 or 6-inch PVC pipe bolted to the bumper. Its still in the back of my mind to do with the TT.

Orchid likes this.
  5. eriefisher

eriefisher Member

6. lksdrinker

lksdrinker Active Member

Well I'm sure I could figure out a way to secure the rods to whatever it is I attach to the pup. couple of zip ties or velcro loops if necessary.

I do plan on using something like this as well for storing other stuff like tarps, carpet etc. I suppose using more than one is an option.

eriefisher likes this.
  7. joet

joet Well-Known Member

I used 6 inch PVE attached to the rear bumper, its out of the way and don't have to worry about scraping it off

8. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Only if they're loaded! [LOL]