Fixed my sink drain

Got up the energy to tackle a long overdue project and replace the drainage plumbing between the sink and the outside wall. Ripped out the old flexible hose and replaced it with clear corrugated 1 1/4 hose. It's a little heavy but won't collapse under use (I hope).
Now I just need a way to get the grey water to the bucket or container. Gotta do some more searching.
I also 3D printed some Twist catches as backups to keep in the Pup, just in case.
20220728_130359.jpg 20220728_184606.jpg 20220728_184657.jpg

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
Nice job, I’d be interested how it does. I agree, that flex pipe is a lot to be desired. As far as your outside hookup to Your gray tank I took the measurement of the fitting which was an odd size and spent hours in the home improvement store in the PVC section trying to come up with a pipe to fit. I was concerned that if I narrowed the pipe to hose size it could cause a slow up. It was already slow draining and didn’t want it worse by going down to a hose with little to no air. I managed to find A pvc fitting that screwed Onto the outside fitting and by using an elbow and straight pipes of equal size got something that can reach the gray water container I have. Now what I really wanted was to utilize the big flex pipe you see on big rigs to empty their tanks but just couldn’t find the appropriate fittings.

Snow

Super Active Member
Jul 19, 2007
Ontario
A lot of members who experience a slow draining sink make a Tee fitting out of pvc, that has a stand pipe (vent) on the top, a similar design to how your house drains all work.

I think a 4 inch stinky slinky would be a bit over kill for a sink drain.

UPDATE: I came up with an issue when closing up the bunk, over the folded sink. The tubing is too thick and rigid, and causes a serious amount of drag when sliding in the bunk. Other than that, all works great. I think I'm going to try strapping it down close to the hole it comes up through, and maybe relieving the edge of the opening a bit. If that doesn't work, then a smaller diameter tube will be necessary.

Latest posts