FL - Gambler Rogers/Flagler Beach

Discussion in 'Florida' started by BillBlackett, Oct 28, 2013.

1. BillBlackett

BillBlackett Member

Anyone have any advice for camping at Gambler Rogers/Flagler Beach?

http://www.floridastateparks.org/gamblerogers/default.cfm

It is currently fully booked for the three nights I was looking to stay over Christmas break when the kids are out of school. Doesn't look like there's much shade.

2. wildeyedsouthernboy

wildeyedsouthernboy New Member

You might consider Tomoka SP 10 or 12 miles south of Gamble Rogers. Nice campground. Several sights to see locally and just a couple miles from drive on beach at Ormand Beach.

3. dpoupard

dpoupard New Member

You might also look into Coral Sands RV Resort in Ormond Beach. It doesn't have the shade that Tomoka SP has, but it is directly on the beach. It will also cost more.

4. billangiep

billangiep Member

I second Coral Sands, I really wouldn't call it camping though , a place to park your RV while you enjoy the beach etc.
    Campers have full use of the resort amenity's next door, pool etc.
    We stayed at the resort a few years ago over a long weekend and had a great time. While the staff was great and everything was clean some might find it a bit dated ?
    http://www.coralsandsrvresort.com/index.htm

5. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

Can anyone say what it was like camping at Gamble Rogers? I just booked us for Thanksgiving weekend 2014- site#32. I see the sites are really small, but hopefully we won't be spending much time at the site itself. But I would still like to see what others have to say about this little CG.

6. carolsaucier

carolsaucier just the 2 of us

Sites are very small and close together but if you like the beach this is the perfect place. Only problem is that it is always booked up.