FL - Labor Day weekend, 3 Rivers CG

screwballl

Stimulus Package
Aug 7, 2009
FL
We have reservations for 3 rivers State Park on Lake Seminole for 3 nights (Fri, Sat and Sun nights). From here it will be about a 2 hour drive, but the bad part is it is just the 4 of us, no friends or family.
Since we are on the second spot from the lake, I am making sure I am bringing my fishing poles, and will stop in Sneads, FL to get some bait (worms and shiners)...

We had a heck of a time getting the reservation though, every time we would go to book it on reserveamerica.com, 2 minutes later it would say this site has been reserved... finally when I got off work yesterday I played around for a bit and saw spot 18 come up so I jumped on it.

Looking at the pictures and reviews online, I figured this would work excellent for us.

flakeyspam

Jan 23, 2009
We stayed there for 7 days last summer and had a great time. The only issue we had was that there is that the couple of bait stores they had in snead all closed before 3:00 and the one closest to the park was only open a couple of hours a day. There is only one grocery store there and I do advise taking what you need as the closest big town is about 30 minutes away.

screwballl

Stimulus Package
Aug 7, 2009
FL
Then it sounds like our type of campground... we prefer being away from it all. And considering half the stuff here in the panhandle closes early or is closed on Sundays, and early on weekdays, we are pretty used to that anyways.
I am adding the 3 bait shops I see online in Sneads to my GPS so I have them.

SCmomma

Apr 29, 2009
i read somewhere to get on reserve america at midnight the night before you want reservations.........you might try that.......glad you had a nice trip.......SCmomma

flakeyspam

Jan 23, 2009
I am so glad you brought this park up we had motel reservations for two hunting trips that are 15 minutes away from there so we cancelled them and took three days in the cabin they have there instead we have so much hunting stuff to take we are leaving the pup behind this time

screwballl

Stimulus Package
Aug 7, 2009
FL
flakeyspam said:
I am so glad you brought this park up we had motel reservations for two hunting trips that are 15 minutes away from there so we cancelled them and took three days in the cabin they have there instead we have so much hunting stuff to take we are leaving the pup behind this time

when is the hunting trip? May have to check with my brother in law to see what hunting he is doing this winter and maybe see if him and his family want to take a weekend camping trip up there (if we like it Labor day weekend)... I used to hunt plenty growing up in SD, but here in FL its mostly freshwater fishing at the local ponds, streams and lakes.

flakeyspam

Jan 23, 2009
We will be up there the weekend of Sept 26 and then we will be back in oct and nov different dates to be determined by dh work schedule. Our son and his wife come up from the keys and we hunt and fish if time permits for the fishing of course. I jsut found out that torreya sp is actually closer to hunt area so we may change3 up and go there as well. It is a beautifull park we have not camped there yet as last hunt season we had a camp at the lease but this year they decided no camping due to issues on some of the others part.