FL - Long Key State park

Discussion in 'Florida' started by gcanes, Apr 22, 2008.

1. gcanes

gcanes New Member

Hi. Me and my family are spending a week in July at the park and wanted to know are there any bike trails in the park. I have not been there in 15 years and can not remember if it is worth it to drag all the bikes down there. Thanks

Edited by - Digger on July 04 2008 15:30:53

2. camperdoug

camperdoug New Member

I would bring the bike. DW and I were down a two year ago and they have a nice trail and a deck trail.. Where you walk around on a deck for like a mile or so I think...Could be shorter or longer. But, yes bring the bikes. It's worth it.

3. kpthook

kpthook New Member

Hi all just wanted to add an update to those thinking about going to Long Key.

A decent park. All the sites are right on the Atlantic. There is no beach per se. Very rocky. There are 3 bath facilities (comfort station). The two to the south are the newer type that most Florida State Parks have and are ADA compliant BUT they are elevated above flood height so they have ramps. As always clean and plenty of hot water. :)
    A word on the utilities the services are set every other site. I got caught off guard. I think its the even number sites that the services are curb side so you will need a long hose and extention cord. The sites are not very level in some cases.

They offer canoe and kayak rental. They have firewood for sale on a honor system at one of the comfort station. There is a boardwalk style nature trail.

Not too far south from the park entrance is a parking area and bridge fishing.

4. jjkach

jjkach New Member

We went with 4 families for Memorial W/E and had a blast. It was great being on the water. Great nature trail, water was good for floating, lots of good fishing and sorkeling. We had a cool breeze the whole w/e that we didn't notice the mosquitos and no see-ums. Very clean facilities and overall a great park to camp at.