FL - Tomoka State Park (Ormond Beach Area)

Discussion in 'Florida' started by TheShulaShack, Jul 18, 2010.

1. TheShulaShack

TheShulaShack New Member

Hi there fellow pop up friends! =)

My husband and I just got back from a weekend camping trip at Tomoka State Park in FL! I highly recommend this park, as it is an awesome mix of nature and amenities. Some sights are a little small (looking around I thought #88 was the best) but they are all shady and most are very private. The bathrooms are newer and the showers are hufge, which is nice for families. It is right on the Tomoka River, and there is a boat slip. On Fri and Sat nights, they have an ice cream social, which we thought was really nice too! All in all - a great experience, even in the FL heat! Just my 2 cents if someone is looking around East Central Florida for a great, inexpensive place to check out! =)

2. flakeyspam

flakeyspam New Member

We plan on going there in a few weeks any pictures to post?

3. chrismarques

chrismarques New Member

We stayed at Tomoka SP during spring break and loved it! I plan on going there again. Yes, our site was sort of small as you can see in the pics but was private enough that we were not on top of the sites on either side of us. We stayed in site 41. All the sites looked nice and shaded and the bathrooms were clean and large.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. RD

RD New Member

We love Tomoka as well! It's close enough to my home in Orlando to get there frequently and there is usually availability on short notice. Due to the over hang and smaller sites, a lot of the big rigs can't get in which leaves a lot of availability. Good fishing near by. Close to the beach and other parks. You can't go wrong with it.

I have to say that the monument in the park is a little peculiar though. [LOL]

5. micbur

micbur Working on "Camp Burton"...Opening Soon!

Very good....nice to hear all the good comments about this CG as we are planning a 5 day trip down there during Thanksgiving. Looking forward to it....

6. RD

RD New Member

Micbur, if you like the beach, you also might want to check Gamble Rogers as well. It's really close to Tomoka and it is right on the beach. It books up really fast though and there is also not a lot of privacy. However, it is one of the only state parks on the Florida East Coast that is right on the beach. I love to surf fish and Gamble is one of my favorite parks in FL.

7. micbur

micbur Working on "Camp Burton"...Opening Soon!

We saw that CG when looking for place on the coast....we will probably drive over and take a look at the CG while in town and if we like maybe make it a future visit. Will probably stop by Anastasia SP in St Augustine and check it out also.

Thanks

8. kpthook

kpthook New Member

Hi all, just got back from Tomoka State Park (Aug 2010) and has others have said it is a nice park. Close to activities in Ormond Beach/Daytona Beach area.

The park has nice amenities, a camp store that is decently stocked and serves breakfast and lunch. They rent canoes and kayaks. I thought every think was reasonably priced. No laundry facilities.

All the campsites have electric (most all are 30 amp a very few have 50 amp), water, picnic table and fire rings. There are 3 bath facilities (comfort stations). The two to the north are of the newer construction that most of the Florida State Parks have and are ADA compliant. As always clean and plenty of hot water. :) The sites are of compacted sand (except the ADA sites which have concrete pads) and most are very shaded except the sites at the very south end which are fairly open. As others have noted some of the sites could be tight for larger rigs. There is playground area.

The monument I agree is "interesting".

A very nice park.

9. jjkach

jjkach New Member

This look like a great park. Thanks for posting pics. We will add this to our list of parks to camp at.