FLAGPOLE KNOB area GWNF VA

Discussion in 'Taking Your Camper Off Road' started by roybraddy, Jun 12, 2016.

1. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Anyone been up to FLAGPOLE recently... This is mostly for JEEPS and ATV guys but occasionally a OFF-ROAD POPUP trailer will come through...

Haven't been up there in around three years so curious if any thing has changed for the worse...

I will be pulling my STARCRAFT 14RT up 85A from the 257 ROAD side behind Harrisonburg... Hoping I wont have problem climbing the hair pin turn up the the big dirt road hill where 85A takes off from the 257 paved road... Always tent camped in the past up there with my Jeep...

I have had my OFF-ROAD POPUP up that way but never went to FLAGPOLE in it...

Looking for a not so populated site but don't want to get too far off the Forest Service road...

FLAGPOLE may be too busy of a place for me but I like the road already there haha...

I am wanting to check out more of OFF-ROAD Ham Radio mods. Probably a three day trip or so...

Do you check in with the Ranger office before going or just show up...

Roy Ken