Flagstaff setup no manual

Discussion in 'General Camper Setup / Take Down' started by Nursedoe, Feb 13, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Nursedoe

Nursedoe New Member

I am so frustrated that there does not seem to be a real setup manual for my new flagstaff 228d popup. Am I supposed to unzip the long zippers just center of the bunk end corners? I know there is a check list that some awesome RV sales company puts up but nothing from forrest river. Next to the slide out there are snaps at the bottom why if there is no room to snap them?

2. gladecreekwy

gladecreekwy Well-Known Member

YouTube is your friend

Nursedoe and kcsa75 like this.
  3. Nursedoe

Nursedoe New Member

Thanks you for the reply
    I did try you tube but didn’t see one. They showed a very old one. I will looks again

4. jonkquil

jonkquil Active Member Gold Supporting Member

I feel your frustration, when I bought my first PU I too was looking for a detailed manual with step by step instructions, but they don't seem to exist. Youtube, Google & Pintrest is where I mostly find the info I need, but honestly learnt the most from camp driveway! Try checking robertsales.com they have some info on set up/tear down. As far as the corner bunk zips that could go either way. On my previous Fleetwood Westlake is was easier to leave them zipped up, but on my Flagstaff they have to be unzipped 3/4 of the way or else the vinyl doesn't fold properly.

5. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Not a Flagstaff but shows the basics:

Sjm9911 and gladecreekwy like this.
  6. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

Member "cherk" posted this check list. You just take a list and adapt it to your camper and camping style.
    https://www.popupportal.com/threads...set-up-and-take-down-your-tent-trailer.97354/

Sjm9911 likes this.
  7. Bradford Smith

Bradford Smith New Member Silver Supporting Member

My best tip, whether going up or down, if isn't going smoothly, don't force it. I learned the hardway:
    - Hand cranking up got more difficult but I just cranked harder. One corner wasn't unlatched and a lift cable broke. (Major pain)
    - One bunk end would slide in so I pushed harder. One of the bungee was still hooked up and it tore out a screw and broke the cord
    - Cranking down the PUP and it stopped after a few inches. Forgot to store the door into the ceiling.
    - One bunk end wouldn't slide in hardly at all. Forgot to store the stove/sink away.

The above might serve as a starting point for a checklist. After enough times I have the checklist in my head (from past mistakes).

Sjm9911 likes this.
  8. NEODon

NEODon Tired but not retired Gold Supporting Member

I don't know if you looked at this video. I didn't watch the entire video but maybe there is something here that would help

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  9. Nani2

Nani2 Active Member

Congratulations on your purchase! We have a 228D and love it. When we got ours a few years ago, I printed off the set up and tear down instructions from the roberstsales.com that someone above referenced. We read and reread it and used it the first few times. I have left it in the glove box so we can review the first time out each year. There is also a ten minute video we watched a few times prior to out first time out.

NEODon likes this.