Fleetwood Coleman Storage Box Solution

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
Came out great. with it angled in the front you may even be able to open it with the bed out. That will be handy if you forget something. Congrats

Gortoz

Jun 28, 2021
Camping season again and it works great. Missing the old soggy OSB and rust-filled water heater had reduced my tongue weight. Guess I’ll add a battery.

Gortoz

Jun 28, 2021
Came from a fabrication shop in Pasco, WA. I went in to see if they would be willing to do it and saw the exact same thing sitting there. Tweaked a couple small requests and that was that.

Gortoz

Jun 28, 2021
Not sure what you’re looking for but here you go.

Attachments

• F260F36A-AEAF-44D8-89B9-1930A911F3E0.jpeg
    F260F36A-AEAF-44D8-89B9-1930A911F3E0.jpeg
    194 KB · Views: 49
  • 22AB5B19-05FF-4EDA-B008-97420A389916.jpeg
    22AB5B19-05FF-4EDA-B008-97420A389916.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 49

sargant

Sep 19, 2022
That looks really good. They did a heck of a job. Did you have them relocate the water heater? I didn't see it in the pictures. What did that run you if you don't mind me asking?

J Starsky

Super Active Member
Aug 3, 2017
East Central MN
I think so too! Now just figuring out how to rewire lights and protect the wiring.
I vote for a pvc pipe halo around the unit to hide your wires. You might crack the tubes, but not pinch the wires without knowing it. Won't even need to glue it to secure it.

Gortoz

Jun 28, 2021
I vote for a pvc pipe halo around the unit to hide your wires. You might crack the tubes, but not pinch the wires without knowing it. Won't even need to glue it to secure it.
That looks really good. They did a heck of a job. Did you have them relocate the water heater? I didn't see it in the pictures. What did that run you if you don't mind me asking?
They charged me $2500 COVID pricing. Took them a week. I sealed off the front of the unit with plywood and caulk/paint prior to the install. I removed the water heater because a) it was old and dead b) ate up a lot of space.

Gortoz

Jun 28, 2021
They charged me $2500 COVID pricing. Took them a week. I sealed off the front of the unit with plywood and caulk/paint prior to the install. I removed the water heater because a) it was old and dead b) ate up a lot of space.
There was a similar unit at the shop where they had the water heater still and just cut a hole in the side and reused the old access panel.

sargant

Sep 19, 2022
Very cool. I'll have to see if there any fabrication shops in town that would do something similar. Curious to see what they'd charge. That storage box is a pain in my butt.