Fleetwood E3: "plastic ends for the glide out" Spare Part?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by JETent, Jul 15, 2011.

1. JETent

JETent JT

Dear PUP Portal-

I will be taking delivery/ownership of an 08 Fleetwood E3 this weekend. I am new to PUP ownership.

I requested from the Portal a list of suggested maintenance parts I should have on hand for the E3 PUP. Among the suggested parts (btw, most of them have been located) was a part the dealers do not recognize. I am hoping someone out here can tell me if there is another name for the "plastic ends for the glide out". What else would you call them?

Is there another name for the E3 "plastic ends for the glide out"? This would be for an 08 Fleetwood (Coleman) E3. Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    John

2. Oski88

Oski88 New Member

If it is the part I think you are talking about there was a thread a little while ago where someone had them milled out of aluminum and was selling them. Search the forum for Coleman/Fleetwood parts threads.

3. Twisty

Twisty New Member

The bed slide wedges ^ mount into the end of the bed rail in the inboard end.

4. JETent

JETent JT

Oski88 & Twisty-

Many thanks. I did see the "wedge discussion" somewhere in the parts forum. I will locate it. Twisty...I think it was you who so kindly provided me the list of spare parts to begin with. Thanks to you both for your help. The collective wisdom of the portal is totally awesome.

Gracias.

Thx.
    JT

Onward, to Orange.

5. Yellowkayak

Yellowkayak Popups.....when sleeping on the ground gets to you

Anyone know exactly what these wedges actually do. I've got two broken ones I pulled off, and I see nothing that it affects not being on there.

JJ

6. FC

FC Central Florida

JJ When you push the bed back in, the wedges help glide the bed rail into the mounted rail on the box. They are a cheep piece of crap and badly engineered. The pressure on the bed when extended is what breaks them.

7. LooziAnna

LooziAnna New Member

We purchased a couple of those slider wedges from Bent's RV in Metarie, Louisiana a couple years ago. Website: http://www.bentsrv.com/ Seemed a little expensive for the part, but if you describe what you are looking for, they are pretty good at locating what you need. They will promptly send you anything you order.
    We found that we need to watch very carefully when sliding the bunk ends in--they don't quite line up, and will promptly break the plastic endcaps if you are not standing at the doorway to sort of lift the bunk end and guide it where it needs to go.

8. LooziAnna

LooziAnna New Member

Just looked at another post in the same section--just a couple away from yours and found this: *It looks like they are getting ready to make an aluminum one!(?)

As many users here know, the aluminum cast bed slide wedge replacement is close to production. The part fits the late model Fleetwood and Coleman bed slides, but I am wondering how far back this part was used on older pups. I would appreciate information from users to determine how far back the plastic wedge was used on the bed slides. Thanks for any replies.
    Also, the pre-order should be up and advertised here shortly for those of you that have patiently waited.

9. JETent

JETent JT

Great conversation. Good to see a positive sign in the realm of Coleman/Fleetwood support. Will stay tuned to this (and other) discussions for more info. Of course, I will pass on what I learn in the process. An aluminum bed wedge...sounds reliable. Thanks all!

10. EV2

EV2 Member

As soon as I have confirmation that the permanent mold is ready to ship to the foundry, the web site will be available for preorder. The web site is ready to go and we plan to ship a set of four for $70 including free shipping if the cost forecast is correct. [SUN]

Unless there is a problem, we should be able to start this in a week or so with shipping on about 8/15. An ad will be here on the portal. I am trying to determine when the bed wedge was first used. The Fleetwood/Coleman Evolution series has them listed in the parts since the beginning, but with the other models parts listings gone from the web, it is difficult to know the others.

11. JETent

JETent JT

EV2-

If you are keeping a list of folks interested in your new design bed slide wedges, I am. I just purchased an '08 E3. Got it home and we set it up in Camp Backyard yesterday afternoon (very first set up for us). When doing the interior set up work, I found a broken bed slide wedge on the floor. Subsequent inspection of other wedges revealed all were cracked (some more heavy than others) around the mounting screw head (as if factory had over torqued during install). And I thought we were being very careful during setup...

Please count me in as interested. Looking forward to seeing the website.

Thanks,
    John T.