Fleetwood Highlander Sequoia broken wiring harness

Discussion in 'Wiring' started by Taco PUP, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Taco PUP

Taco PUP New Member

Hey everyone.

I've got a 2006 Fleetwood Highlander Sequoia that I'm having a few electrical problems with.

The switch for the bathroom light doesn't work, the LP detector doesn't work, and the blower for the heater doesn't run at all.

When I try to turn the heater on, I keep getting a single blinking light every 3 or so seconds, which means an air flow issue.

I believe I've found the issue with all 3 items. There is a wire and wiring harness that goes up the trailer by the rear driver's side lift pole. There is a black/blue wire and a white wire coming out of the top of the camper side going into one side of the wiring harness. The other side of the wiring harness doesn't have any wires coming out. I found the black/blue wire coming out of the roof that should be attached to the wiring harness. However I can't find the white wire (I'm assuming that's what color it should be) that's been detached.

Can someone with a Fleetwood Highlander take a picture of that wiring harness connection by the rear driver's lift pole so I can see what it should look like?

Hopefully that all makes sense and thanks so much. I'll take pictures when I get home to give everyone an idea of what and where I'm talking about.

2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Having a hard time following your description. Please post some photos. Thanks

3. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

That wire may affect the bathroom light, but the other 2 issues have nothing to do with roof wiring. The LP detector and heater should be mounted in or on the cabinets. Still waiting on those pictures.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  4. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

If the harness goes up to the roof, its probably just the light thats effected. The other stuff will not go up to the roof and then down. How are you powering it, battery or converter? If the heater is blinking a code it should have power. 3 lights might be the roll out switch.

5. Taco PUP

Taco PUP New Member

Thanks for the replies.

Sorry for the lack of pictures. It has been a crazy week at work. I'll take some this weekend.

So it sounds like that wire and wiring harness I was talking about only powered the bathroom light, which makes sense. While this isn't a huge problem I'd still like to fix it.

So then my bigger issues are the lack of power to the furnace and LP detector. I'm not too concerned about the LP detector because I can buy a battery one to stick in the camper. More confused as to why it wouldn't have power. It is the original and the camper is a 2006 so clearly it needs to be replaced, but would it just lose power altogether when it goes bad?

My furnace is the main problem. The blower won't run at all. It's an Atwood 7916-II model. I have propane in the tank, flipped the on switch on the furnace itself, and replaced the thermostat. When I turn everything on nothing happens. No noise or anything even sounding like the blower is trying to run. Then I get the single flashing red fault light which after doing some research means Limit Switch/Air Flow. Well that makes sense because the blower isn't blowing anything so there is no air flow. I've pulled it out to see if the sail switch had hair or anything limiting it's movement but it was clean. Could it have gone bad even though it looks normal? I know there is also a limit switch. I looked at it but it looked normal too. Could it have gone bad and I just can't tell it?

Is the lack of power to the LP detector and the fact my blower doesn't run on my furnace linked somehow? I have very limited electrical knowledge and even more limited furnace knowledge. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much.

6. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Replace or by pass the limit/roll out switch switch to see if that works. But first find your power problem. And ill repeat, how are you powering it? I have also yet to see a battery powered LP detecter. I could be wrong.

7. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

Do you have a multi-meter? Time to determine if you have power to the bathroom light switch and power to the light. It will also tell you if you have power to the detector and the furnace. Good looking things can be non-functional.

8. drocks

drocks Member

Here is the 12v wiring diagram for the trailer and roof. If I remember correctly, the black/blue wire is the bathroom light and the black/pink or black/orange is the hot wire for the power plug over the dinette. There is also a black and white wire that goes up near the front curbside lift post The white here is the ground for everything in the ceiling. I believe the black wire also is the power for the smoke detector.

2005-present wiring diagram.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020